cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just noticed this today (never seen it before in 8 months of viewing) - after selecting an episode of something in the watchlist, a 15 second pre-episode NOW TV advert/trailer for some other TV show played first then it began playing the selected episode.

I quite liked having no adverts and trailers on NOW TV Entertainment!

Is this the future then for NOW TV Entertainment?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When did that start...

Ages ago... 

How many per show is show dependant and if there is any show worth even having as you can only watch content from 13 channels... It also depends If its a boxset made from BD/DVD masters or Broadcast versions only...

Broadcast versions still have channel idents...

Sky one content can have trailers during the show as well...

Living TV can have Specific TV show trailer in the parts were the Advert would have been in broadcast...

Discovery channel was the very first to have Before the show trailer, in the show trailer and After the show trailers... 

Channel product placement trailers CAN NOT be fast forwarded...

Included from the content producers product placement trailer can be FF...

If you watched some thing from Sky atlantic Box set you would get say a penny dreadfull trailer or what ever at the start... and then nothing If it was a BD version if a braodcast boxset version you get there channel ID trialer 

Sky one had... this for a long time...

( No Audio on purpuse dont want any flash backs )

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have used Now TV almost since day one and last night I have seen a trailer when watching on demand. 

I very much much doubt I will be continuing with the service if I am to be bombarded with these trailers, pity as up to now I have found the service first class and have just invested in one of the new "Smart" boxes.

May give Netflix or Amazon a try.

Andy

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User try them both, each has unique content. Obviously if you have Amazon you can couple it with free delivery as part of their prime package. The idea behind the promos is to highlight programs to folk. Unfortunately though it is annoying, it does prompt folk to watch.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There should be a way of either option out or skipping these adverts. I never saw them until last night, is it because I have moved from the LG TV app to a Smart Box? 

Last night everything I tried to watch inflicted the same trailer on me, I gave up after six or seven attempts. Why not make it so you only get a trailer once?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The only way to get rid of product placement adverts is to Put the subcription Price up which NowTV did before...

The more expensive a Show boxset in licensing rights the more likely Product placement adds will be included...

Believe BBC is trying out the same Product placement trailers tech on IPlayer as well...

Why am I seeing trailers on BBC iPlayer?

We’ve started showing trailers on BBC iPlayer to tell you about programmes you might like. Here’s how it works…

When you hit play on a programme on BBC iPlayer, a short trailer may start. If you like, you can skip the trailer at any time by hitting the “Skip” button.

but they include a skip button option...  ( other IPTV providers like youtube are removing the skip button... )

Anonymous User
Not applicable

GraphiteGB wrote:

The only way to get rid of product placement adverts is to Put the subcription Price up which NowTV did before...

The more expensive a Show boxset in licensing rights the more likely Product placement adds will be included...

I can't imagine they will go now.  And I suspect in time they will be actual adverts.  And in time adverts will be interspersed within the programs.  And then everyone will think it is just like ITV Hub and start buying blu rays and DVDs so they can watch films in 90 minutes rather than 3 hours.   A reason people pay for on demand services like Now TV, Netflix and Amazon is to not have the advertising.  You Tube is free so you just accept the trailers and clutter.   Film 4 is free so you get adverts during the movie.  Sky Movies costs so you don't.   (though heaven know why Sky Sports think it is OK to fill the screeen with idents, scores, number, symbols and pop ups and charge £34/month)

Maybe in time it will be like Amazon that sells you a special offers kindle fire with ads for £10 less than the one without special offers.

PS  It would be good get rid of the mini ads for Sky Atlantic in the midst of programmes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really dislike this feature. It is usually irrelevant, sometimes showing me things I've already watched. if it continues I will cancel my subscription. shame I really like the tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree.  If I wanted adverts I would watch TV.  Can't even skip.  What's with that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

With the iPhone app, every time I start a new tv show episode I get a 30 second advertisement about something else available on nowtv.

Would please nowtv reconsider this and stop adding adverts?

I pay for the service, so I'd rather have no advertisements at all. In addition, the adverts are completely useless and redundant. There are several places in the nowtv website and in the nowtv app where I can lookup new shows, or popular shows or anything else nowtv wants to promote. I know where to find the info when I want it; when I click play on a new episode is definitely the moment when I do not want to see those ads.
It's pointless to have (after several seconds) a skip ads button: if you are really honest about it and want to show ads only to the users that want them, just make it a settings switch whether the user want to be served with ads at the begin in of a show.

Seriously, please get rid of those annoyances; and do not even think of extending the feature to commercial ads beyond nowtv promotions, that would be a deal breaker.

I hope you appreciate the feedback.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jason-C  I know you were collecting feed back on the promos before programs.

Personally I agree that with @Anonymous User  that it is annoying when you click play on something for more adverts to appear.  People choose catchup or demand rather than live to avoid adverts.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.