cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just noticed this today (never seen it before in 8 months of viewing) - after selecting an episode of something in the watchlist, a 15 second pre-episode NOW TV advert/trailer for some other TV show played first then it began playing the selected episode.

I quite liked having no adverts and trailers on NOW TV Entertainment!

Is this the future then for NOW TV Entertainment?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"If you watch any on demand content (Catch Up or Box Sets) then there shouldn't be any traditional adverts. Occasionally there are promotional videos highlighting what else is on NOW TV, but no adverts for other products or services."

What an absolute load of rubbish.
I'm watching on demand right now, on channel 5. Before it started there was an advertisement lasting over 3 minutes.

About 15 minutes later another 140 seconds.
Same again 15 minutes later, and again 15 minutes after that. This is exactly how live TV works, but to say there are no "traditional adverts" whilst watching on demand is completely wrong.

Why don't you allow people to pay a higher fee for no adverts or at least a skip option for adverts, even if it's only available after 20 seconds!?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User NOW TV only control what you see inside the NOW TV app. The other providers control the content in their own app, so it's Channel 5 who decide how many adverts on shown in their Demand5 app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had NowTV for over 2 years and only just noticed this in the past 5 months or so. It's very annoying because you get ad's every time you wish to watch a new movie. Why is it that I can't op't out of Ad's? I pay for the service so why they give me ad's for something I'm already paying for is stupid. Every time I wish to start a new movie I'm made to sit through 30 seconds of adverts EVERY TIME!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bit sick of this, now. Ads for things I don't care about that I can't skip. Netflix has more content in a single subscription and lots of series have a button to skip the titles. Now TV is just adding more junk in front.
Is there any way to get rid of this rubbish?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The adverts are just pointless. I never watch football and hate it, so seeing an advert on a paid service is just rude. I will no longer be a sky customer
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Echoing the point made by several others already, I've noticed these unskippable pre-show adverts today for the first time. Not very good in my opinion, especially given it's a paid-for on-demand service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I remember quite some time ago when watching catch-up shows on Now TV that they brought in these pre-show trailers and they seemed to be there for a period of time, but then for quite some months I never had any more???  That was until a couple of days ago when they seemed to start up again??

Like many others I'd prefer not to have them, but I guess they could be worse.

I was just wondering why they came in and then seemed to stop for several months.... and then they start up again.  Maybe if we put up with them again for a while they might stop again??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree ! Why should we be subjected to these trailers. We should be able to opt out of having to suffer them. I search for shows and films I fancy and object to having to view trailers that have no interest for me. I will definitely be cancelling Now Tv if they persist with them.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am probably in a minority of one but I've no issue with these adverts/trailers. So long as they only appear pre-show (and not during the show) I can very easily put up with them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good for you, you must be very tolerant and thank you for your vote.

However many people here would raise an eyebrow about why anybody would feel the need for “putting up with” unskipable ads on a paid service.

However you might realise that this thread is made up mostly of people who do not like, and actively resent these unwelcome, unannounced and unilaterally imposed intrusions to what we were sold as an advertising-free environment.