cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just noticed this today (never seen it before in 8 months of viewing) - after selecting an episode of something in the watchlist, a 15 second pre-episode NOW TV advert/trailer for some other TV show played first then it began playing the selected episode.

I quite liked having no adverts and trailers on NOW TV Entertainment!

Is this the future then for NOW TV Entertainment?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have not previously contributed to this forum, but just have to add some more weight to this topic.

When we sit down after a long day and press play on a film - we dont want an advert for another film first. There needs to be a skip option please.

The adverts are repetative and often advertise films we have watched some time ago. We look at the top of the "recently added" list most days and sometimes have a good look around the categories, so it is an unnecessary annoyance. As there are so many films, I will sometimes take a quick look at two or three, but now each quick look is preceded by a 30 second advert.

It is a backward step that patronises the experienced NOW TV viewer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just run into this and I felt physically sick. I suppose it was only a matter of time until bilge like this appeared. Ads have no place on a subscription streaming service, as Netflix have proved. 

The gulf in user experience between Netflix (zero ads, 4K, HDR, Dolby Atmos) and Now TV (mandatory unskippable ads, 720p, stereo sound) continues to widen.  And that's too say nothing of the lack of decent content on Now TV. 

It's just as well Sky are only charging me £3.50 a month as there's no way I'd pay more. Now TV is to be frank, a joke. It's even worse than Amazon Prime. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Adding my feedback. The adverts are really annoying and are causing me to consider cancelling the subscription. They're becoming more and more irritating, playing the same stuff over and over again (how many times am I going to hear "Moana!!" again in that Sky Movies advert?). The advert plays way too often, I'm pretty sure it plays before every on demand TV show I start. There's no "cooldown" or anything similar to stop the advert from playing again - an advert like this should disappear once you watch it once. I'm really hoping you guys will reconsider your current strategy.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It seems that watching the ad is the only way to get to the episode, but I've not encountered this on any non Sky Atlantic boxset. For example Futurama (Sky 1) plays right away with me but play something like Game of Thrones and you get the ad.

I don't know if this has come up yet but it has not happened if I hit play next episode after finishing the previous episode. Honestly now even if I was only watching the one I always hit that and let it play through the content warnings, let that play for long enough it jumps into the episode ad free when you come back. The in episode ads are you could skip or fast forward through anyway they're not separate from the episode unlike the pre episode ads or on the free catch up services. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be honest these trailers and the 15% increase in the monthly cost of the Ents package will just anoy people and loose customers.... unless there are special offers, after being with NOW TV for over three years, I will limit it to Christmas and use other platforms.... plenty of choice these days....
Anonymous User
Not applicable

REMOVE THE ADS FOR NOWTV BEFORE YOU WATCH ANTHING. THERE ###### AND WILL BE UNSUBSRIBING BY THE END OF THE MONTH IF NOT DONE BY THEN.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Goodbye then.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV are missing a 'commercial' (sorry) opportunity here. A £1pm say option to remove these adverts would allow those who it annoys to remove them which would differentiate their market pricing and offering between those who are seeking a slightly lower price but a little annoyance and those who are prepared to pay a full premium.

Then again if the folk running this business had clue I wouldn't have a stack of electrical landfill boxes to get the discounted vouchers. Not the sharpest tools in the box.

Options to uprate the streaming quality for visuals ie less compression, up the resolution and up the audio could all be tiered elements of a service offer. 

Still in the mean time you can always pump out a mediocre quality, p*ss of your existing customers with new customer deals and force adverts onto them. The customer always finds a way to get what they want....I am starting to think that isn't going to be with NowTV for much longer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
here what your'e saying...i also had a stack of white n black boxes from the bundles to get the deals on movie passes etc. It is annoying marketing resulting in landfill fodder . I have dropped nowtv completely now having sold off three unused boxes with passes and cancelled down any renewals etc as cannot bear these pre - episode trailers and at the end of the day also cannot bear the same dreary content any longer. so have already gone to non sky competitor service.

I'm sure more will leave as they continue to ignore paying customers objections to the pre-episode trailers.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If this was done for a better customer experience ads would be skippable.

It might be bad form to mention but the market leader manages to subtly promote content by landing you on the promoted show on login, it also plays an embedded trailer in the GUI if you don't navigate away. This is mostly painless.

I came for Twin Peaks then GoT and I'm thinking about starting on Westworld but since today every program starts with this 20 second slap in the face - I dont want to leave but it's just so very annoying.

Perhaps Sky just don't get it in a post sky box world, I would love to be proved wrong.