Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Pre-episode advert/trailer

@GaryL wrote:

@Si-99 wrote:

The poster was looking for advice on skipping the intrusive trailers.

If you can't help with that, and are not bothered by them, I'm not sure that this is a useful forum for you.

Please stop trolling people on this thread who have an opinion different to yours, As stated I personally don't mind the ads and hadn't even noticed it prior to reading this thread.  I merely wished to add my opinion in balance to the many posts from people who don't like them.  I would further point out this forum is not yours and therefore you should keep your thoughts about my membership of it to yourself.  Having only posted 14 times since 2014 some might say this isn't a very useful forum to you.

Given that you are even more of a newbie than me I don't feel inclined to trust your judgement about appropriate postings. And you really need to improve your understanding of what constitutes 'trolling', rather than childishly throwing it around as general insult.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@Abermaw wrote:

Hi @GaryL

I am so sorry but I seem to have thanked that Si troll chappie by mistake....I meant to thank you Smiley Embarassed

You are right, 14 posts, all on this thread, nothing constructive...and he was supposed to have cancelled his account....I think we might rest our case there, don't you? Smiley Wink

I'm totally with you on this one, Gary....my previous...err.."Contributions" to this thread might show that. Smiley Very Happy

All the best Smiley Happy

P.S. If you want to be annoyed by adverts, go on to "All4" and try to watch "Case"....46 (advertised) minutes soon becomes an hour with anything between 3 to 9 adverts every 15 minutes...You can't skip them either!!....I still say that a 30 second promotion at the beginning of an episode beats that!

Thanks again, Gary.

Random, irresponsible and incorrect use of 'troll' - I would have thought better of you Abermaw. 

I continue to to read and post on the each of the forums regarding the infernal trailers because I continue to hope that Sky will change their minds and believe that should they do so I might read it here first. I will then happily resubscribe.

If you want to express an opinion about whether I am 'constructive' then it might help if you actually read my posts - I have made many constructive suggestions in the past and have been thanked for them.

Finally if you want to refer to the number of posts I have made (why? Seems irrelevant to me, and even less so to your new friend above) then perhaps you should put them in context. I think you'll find that I have made a significant level of (maybe the most?) contributions in the forums that I have an interest in.

I simply cannot understand your aggression, particularly over something that you time and time again have said does not bother you.

I will continue to post in the hope that Sky reverses this terrible decision. So there!

Highlighted
Advocate

Another unhappy user. Get rid of the ads or I will get rid of Now
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mte,

Out of interest... What 'on-demand' content were you watching?

Cheers

• TV 1: LG 65UH770V | Software: v05.30.65 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • TV 2: LG 43UH668V | Software: v05.50.55 | OS: webOS v3.3.4 • All TV's: NOW TV app v4.7.25 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • ISP: Virgin Media@100Mbps | WIRED NETWORK: 1Gbps | NAS: Synology DS212+ •
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Billions, Big little lies, Lucky Man
0 Thanks
Highlighted

Why the adverts?

Hi,

The whole reason we pay for subscription services like NowTV or Netflix it so that we don't have to endure adverts. Based on that, why are we now being subjected to Sky channel stings (adverts) at every break point in major shows....24 being a good example.

This was the reason I switched from Amazon as they have started doing it...to find that it now happens on NowTV makes me want to un-subscribe and stay with Netflix who clearly understand what their audience wants!

Highlighted
Advocate

Not at all happy about the pre-show ads I'm seeing. Please stop. Sky's contempt for their customers is ruining my Now TV experience. Won't be renewing.
Highlighted
Advocate

I have been with now TV for about 6 months and only recently this extremely annoying feature has started.. If it had a skip option then fair enough but to force thirty seconds of loud uninteresting trailer upon my binge viewing, it makes me so angry I'll just cancel my subscription before next month..
Highlighted
Mentor

It's every time I start watching now, often the same one and some are long. At least Amazon have added a skip button on their trailers and they don't show all that often.

Also, what's with the flashing colours and massive font, it's like playschool.

Please stop or at the very least put a skip button. I hope Amazon start out bidding Sky for TV series and films in the UK. It could happen.

I can see why people pirate things now. Pay and get penalised.
Highlighted
Advocate

I have not previously contributed to this forum, but just have to add some more weight to this topic.

When we sit down after a long day and press play on a film - we dont want an advert for another film first. There needs to be a skip option please.

The adverts are repetative and often advertise films we have watched some time ago. We look at the top of the "recently added" list most days and sometimes have a good look around the categories, so it is an unnecessary annoyance. As there are so many films, I will sometimes take a quick look at two or three, but now each quick look is preceded by a 30 second advert.

It is a backward step that patronises the experienced NOW TV viewer.