cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just noticed this today (never seen it before in 8 months of viewing) - after selecting an episode of something in the watchlist, a 15 second pre-episode NOW TV advert/trailer for some other TV show played first then it began playing the selected episode.

I quite liked having no adverts and trailers on NOW TV Entertainment!

Is this the future then for NOW TV Entertainment?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just a thought @Anonymous User

If you do give us some thoughts on the old  Tivo, it might be better to put them in the "Forum info and off topic chat" area....You might be able to teach us all a thing or two.

Peter Kay thought that the future was Garlic Bread.....My Missus always thought that it was a Tivo...Who knew that it was going to be a Chocco Latte Frotho Whatsito ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just throwing my hat in the ring. I keep getting annoyed by the ads when trying to watch a show before bed but then forget about the issue the next day so I guess it isn't that big a deal to me.

The thing I always think, though, is:
I either already know about the show(s) and either watch them already or am not interested.
Or
I don't know about the show but decide in seconds I am not interested.

Therefore they aren't any benefit to me.

On YouTube, which is free, you can mostly skip ads after 5secs.
Maybe taking a similar approach would be an idea. If it is a show we haven't seen before and it gets our interest we could carry on watching the ad. If we already watch the show or aren't interested we could skip...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, has anyone found a way to disable these unacceptable ads?

was watching Modern Family and got an ad for Bones which scared my kids and ruined our evening

planning to cancel NowTV if these trailers can't be disabled

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another unhappy user. Get rid of the ads or I will get rid of Now
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Out of interest... What 'on-demand' content were you watching?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Billions, Big little lies, Lucky Man
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

The whole reason we pay for subscription services like NowTV or Netflix it so that we don't have to endure adverts. Based on that, why are we now being subjected to Sky channel stings (adverts) at every break point in major shows....24 being a good example.

This was the reason I switched from Amazon as they have started doing it...to find that it now happens on NowTV makes me want to un-subscribe and stay with Netflix who clearly understand what their audience wants!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not at all happy about the pre-show ads I'm seeing. Please stop. Sky's contempt for their customers is ruining my Now TV experience. Won't be renewing.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been with now TV for about 6 months and only recently this extremely annoying feature has started.. If it had a skip option then fair enough but to force thirty seconds of loud uninteresting trailer upon my binge viewing, it makes me so angry I'll just cancel my subscription before next month..
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's every time I start watching now, often the same one and some are long. At least Amazon have added a skip button on their trailers and they don't show all that often.

Also, what's with the flashing colours and massive font, it's like playschool.

Please stop or at the very least put a skip button. I hope Amazon start out bidding Sky for TV series and films in the UK. It could happen.

I can see why people pirate things now. Pay and get penalised.