cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just noticed this today (never seen it before in 8 months of viewing) - after selecting an episode of something in the watchlist, a 15 second pre-episode NOW TV advert/trailer for some other TV show played first then it began playing the selected episode.

I quite liked having no adverts and trailers on NOW TV Entertainment!

Is this the future then for NOW TV Entertainment?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep it's beginning to get right on my nerves, my current pass runs out end of November, I think I'll just let NowTV go and stick with Amazon & Netflix, coupled with the price rise I just think it's going down hill..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please can you let me know when either there will be a function to skip the utter dross trailers I don’t want to watch or the ability to stop them all together. I and many others don’t want these trailers and your statement that they are helpful is not correct. I would like to know please as I and many others need to make a decision on cancelling our subscription if you don’t. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Some information for people who arrive here after being frustrated by these awful, unskippable and thoroughly unwanted intrusions:

As mentioned above, I have found now that after watching an episode in a series, if I quickly hit the 'watch now' prompt for the next episode it goes straight to the episode without another trailer. I always do this now even if I don't plan to watch immediately as it blocks the trailer for the next time I want to watch.

When watching new programmes I always turn the sound off, let it run and go and do something else. I then skip back to the programme start when I'm ready to watch.

It's a ridiculous state of affairs, and I am certainly not receiving the 'extra info' that Sky are trying to ram down my throat. In fact it works against their claimed objective of increasing the range of programmes that subscribers watch as I wouldn't dream of trying multiple new alternative programmes because each one I sampled would bombard me first with these stupid trailers!!

And they've put the price up.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky continue to have the deafest of all possible ears to their customers. 

The moment the last second of Game of Thrones ends, I'm off.  Netflx feels like such a welcoming, comfortable, and crucially - 4K place.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User..it's a far better experience, it also has user profiles, no ads, 4k works well. I have both subs at the moment and won't give up Netflix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Yup , Pre episode trailers are not skippable for me, and not relevant, and not wanted. I dont mind watching trailers , but prefer to chose which ones and when.

Yes, it's the imposition that makes this move so bad - especially when repeated between episodes of the same show.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have a now TV box and a roku3 and they are not skippable on either box, on the roku i have not watched anything without a advert before the show and only 1 or 2 without on the now tv box.

these are shows that have zero relevence to what i am trying to watch and have watched in the past.

at the moment unless this improved/made shorter/skipable from start i wont be renewing once my offers run out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Jason-C wrote:

Hi @dr_necessitor

You will find on some content that we highlight other shows on the service we think might be interesting to you. This is usually a very short reel (eg. 15 seconds)

This will likely become more prevalent as time goes on, and ideally we'd like to show you something you find exciting! 🙂

Out of interest, how was your experience with it? Were you able to skip it okay if you weren't interested? Did your actual show play without issue?

Thanks,

Jason

'This will likely become more prevalent as time goes on'

Well if it does be prepared for mass account cancellations.

Who came up with this ridiculous idea, and who is responsible for its appalling implementation?

Many (most) people who sign up to services like Now TV do so to enjoy content free of interruptions/ads. The silly station idents in the middle of programmes are extremely irritating, and one suspects, part of a softening up for real ads one day. However at least they can be skipped if you are nimble with the remote.

The trailers that now prevent me directly accessing each episode are on a whole new level, and are a real risk of causing people to give up Now TV. They are unbelievably intrusive, typically extremely loud, and feature programs that are not remotely reflective of my viewing habits anyway.

The idea that as I go from being wrapped up in one involving episode of a drama to the next I have to endure a screaming booming trailer is just absolutely unacceptable on a paid platform.

And NO they cannot be skipped on my box.

Please get this stupid decision reversed as soon as possible - it will drive people away without doubt. I will certainly be gone.

'we'd like to show you something you find exciting!'

No, No, No, not when I'm trying to continue watching something I've already decided I like.

Please get this fixed - please!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also very unhappy with the pre-episode advert/trailers and I  CANNOT skip them at all.

Any advice please?

H

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doesn't bother me can't say I even noticed before I saw this thread.