cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just noticed this today (never seen it before in 8 months of viewing) - after selecting an episode of something in the watchlist, a 15 second pre-episode NOW TV advert/trailer for some other TV show played first then it began playing the selected episode.

I quite liked having no adverts and trailers on NOW TV Entertainment!

Is this the future then for NOW TV Entertainment?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The poster was looking for advice on skipping the intrusive trailers.

If you can't help with that, and are not bothered by them, I'm not sure that this is a useful forum for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

If you can't help with that, and are not bothered by them, I'm not sure that this is a useful forum for you.

Please stop trolling people on this thread who have an opinion different to yours, As stated I personally don't mind the ads and hadn't even noticed it prior to reading this thread.  I merely wished to add my opinion in balance to the many posts from people who don't like them.  I would further point out this forum is not yours and therefore you should keep your thoughts about my membership of it to yourself.  Having only posted 14 times since 2014 some might say this isn't a very useful forum to you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I 100% guarantee this is just a precursor for full on proper advertising, and it is just a 'sly' way of Sky testing the water before we are bombarded with appalling adverts the majority of anybody with a soul hates, and unless people oppose this nonsense now then you only have yourselves to blame and start paying to watch adverts !

A year ago this service was superb but is slowly getting worse with every UI update introducing little things the majority of people don't want.

The introduction of the 'Kids Pass' was the last straw for me and i just want my 6 month ents pass to expire so i can cancel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I am so sorry but I seem to have thanked that Si troll chappie by mistake....I meant to thank you Smiley Embarassed

You are right, 14 posts, all on this thread, nothing constructive...and he was supposed to have cancelled his account....I think we might rest our case there, don't you? Smiley Wink

I'm totally with you on this one, Gary....my previous...err.."Contributions" to this thread might show that. Smiley Very Happy

All the best Smiley Happy

P.S. If you want to be annoyed by adverts, go on to "All4" and try to watch "Case"....46 (advertised) minutes soon becomes an hour with anything between 3 to 9 adverts every 15 minutes...You can't skip them either!!....I still say that a 30 second promotion at the beginning of an episode beats that!

Thanks again, Gary.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  Agreed and if a promo means keeping the cost down it's fine by me.  I get that some people can find them annoying but I just don't, maybe that says more about me!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

I am so sorry but I seem to have thanked that Si troll chappie by mistake....I meant to thank you Smiley Embarassed

You are right, 14 posts, all on this thread, nothing constructive...and he was supposed to have cancelled his account....I think we might rest our case there, don't you? Smiley Wink

I'm totally with you on this one, Gary....my previous...err.."Contributions" to this thread might show that. Smiley Very Happy

All the best Smiley Happy

P.S. If you want to be annoyed by adverts, go on to "All4" and try to watch "Case"....46 (advertised) minutes soon becomes an hour with anything between 3 to 9 adverts every 15 minutes...You can't skip them either!!....I still say that a 30 second promotion at the beginning of an episode beats that!

Thanks again, Gary.

Random, irresponsible and incorrect use of 'troll' - I would have thought better of you Abermaw. 

I continue to to read and post on the each of the forums regarding the infernal trailers because I continue to hope that Sky will change their minds and believe that should they do so I might read it here first. I will then happily resubscribe.

If you want to express an opinion about whether I am 'constructive' then it might help if you actually read my posts - I have made many constructive suggestions in the past and have been thanked for them.

Finally if you want to refer to the number of posts I have made (why? Seems irrelevant to me, and even less so to your new friend above) then perhaps you should put them in context. I think you'll find that I have made a significant level of (maybe the most?) contributions in the forums that I have an interest in.

I simply cannot understand your aggression, particularly over something that you time and time again have said does not bother you.

I will continue to post in the hope that Sky reverses this terrible decision. So there!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Please stop trolling people on this thread who have an opinion different to yours, As stated I personally don't mind the ads and hadn't even noticed it prior to reading this thread.  I merely wished to add my opinion in balance to the many posts from people who don't like them.  I would further point out this forum is not yours and therefore you should keep your thoughts about my membership of it to yourself.  Having only posted 14 times since 2014 some might say this isn't a very useful forum to you.

Given that you are even more of a newbie than me I don't feel inclined to trust your judgement about appropriate postings. And you really need to improve your understanding of what constitutes 'trolling', rather than childishly throwing it around as general insult.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No adverts please. One of the main reasons I've moved on to watching content on services like NOW TV is NO ADVERTISING. Terrestrial TV is unwatchable because of constant advertising. If I have to watch advert trailers every time I watch NOW TV it will be time to cancel my subscription and move onto another service provider. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have to second this. Please stop the annoying pre-roll trailers. They're unskippable on the Now TV box, irrelevant and annoying (often 40 seconds long).

Also may I ask that the 'Continue watching' thing is binned or add the 'Previously watched' section back that used to be in My TV. It's annoying not being able to easily find your last watched shows.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tonight when wanting to watch an episode of a box set I find I am being shown trailers for other programs.

When  did this start?

NOT impressed at all and if it continues I will be cancelling my passes for Entertainment and Films.

Andy