cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just noticed this today (never seen it before in 8 months of viewing) - after selecting an episode of something in the watchlist, a 15 second pre-episode NOW TV advert/trailer for some other TV show played first then it began playing the selected episode.

I quite liked having no adverts and trailers on NOW TV Entertainment!

Is this the future then for NOW TV Entertainment?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor I've seen it in the past, a few years ago they had pre trails on the some video and then during pretty much all the episodes they had the channel advert bumpers.

The lastest method which has been there for a few months is to run a seperate video first.

Thanks @Anonymous User I hadn't ever seen it before today (and we consume quite a lot of content!)

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @dr_necessitor

You will find on some content that we highlight other shows on the service we think might be interesting to you. This is usually a very short reel (eg. 15 seconds)

This will likely become more prevalent as time goes on, and ideally we'd like to show you something you find exciting! 🙂

Out of interest, how was your experience with it? Were you able to skip it okay if you weren't interested? Did your actual show play without issue?

Thanks,

Jason

@Jason-C wrote:

Out of interest, how was your experience with it? Were you able to skip it okay if you weren't interested? Did your actual show play without issue?

Thanks,

Jason

@Jason-C

Experience - unexpected but it was thankfully short!

Didn't know it was skippable - how?

Yes the actual show playback was fine.

herojan
Expert

How are we supposed to be able to skip? I have also tried and been unable to.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the same thing. Can't skip and not at all relevant. I pay for a service to get away from adverts... The ones in the middle of a show are even worse.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh dear I thought they'd stop doing this.  The worse ones are the ones that just advertise the channel, they are really pointlessSmiley Surprised

@Anonymous User wrote:

Oh dear I thought they'd stop doing this.  The worse ones are the ones that just advertise the channel, they are really pointlessSmiley Surprised

Disappointed to see the arrival of trailers promoting the channel and other (ir)relevant content before viewing the selected on demand show.

Can only hope it proves highly unpopular with customers!

Otherwise next thing we'll be getting adverts for washing powder etc like on live channels. 😞

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @dr_necessitor@Anonymous User@Anonymous User@herojan

As @Anonymous User mentioned, there are some older shows where Sky have 'cut' some trailers directly into the content. If you find one of these remaining, especially where a trailer plays in the middle of a show, please let us know and we'll see what can be done to amend it.

NOW TV are trying to move away from that, providing a short, skippable video of another show related to what you're watching, only at the beginning of a show. A Skip button is usually available after a few seconds, and you shouldn't see repeat videos more than a couple of times. This also won't occur every time you watch a show.

I'll look into whether the skip button is in good working order, as it should be fairly obvious on screen.

Thanks,

Jason