cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor sound quality

Last night whilst watching episode 4 of Madam Secretary the sound quality seemed to be particularly poor, suffering several audio drop-outs. This was by no means the first time this has occurred but was amongst the worst instance of this lately.

I view Now TV through the Now TV box and the problem is nothing to do with streaming speed/internet connection as the box shows the signal as excellent and furthermore when I 'rewind' a section of the program and re-listen the audio drop-out occurs at the same points in the sound track.

Ruins a pretty good service otherwise. Any chance this could be fixed so that similar problems don't occur? It seems that the Sky programmes are uploaded onto the server complete with their poor quality sound track.

Neil

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yup, me too!  Every other edition of Modern Family is unwatchable due to sound drop-out.  The Now TV advice makes no difference.  SO frustrating!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is getting beyond a joke, have complained to Now TV about this several times, if you listen through headphones it is even worse. New content still has the problem, why is nothing being resolved? Now Tv are aware of the problem, but just fob you off. Never have a problem with other streaming services. Sort it out Now TV!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch, very sorry about the on going sound issues, I can assure you we're not fobbing you off. We want to resolve this issue as much as you do. We're sorry for the delay and inconvenience this has caused and we hope to have it all resolved as quickly as we can.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also having the same problem.  Modern Family is a particular problem.  Also several episodes of Mount Pleasant.  Have tried it through an ap on LG TV and also through NOWTV box. It is a problem. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

We have raised this issue to our tech team. 

We hope to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This seems to be happening more regularly with new content uploaded to NowTV though not necessarily for all episodes.

Any news from the tech team about why this is occurring more often? A problem with the upload or encode process?

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Episode 1 of Nurse Jackie has distorted sound via the black Now TV box.  It is subtle and intermittent, but definitely there.  Episode 2 seems ok to me.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @DarylM and @Anonymous User

Very sorry about that 😞

I'll raise it with the content guys.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV has been brilliant over the last year but recently the sound problems on the newer shows - Mount Pleasant and Modern Family (in particular) are causing me to think seriously about investing more money.  Older content eg West Wing seems fine so have you changed the file encoding for new content that leads to these problems?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and @Bucktree

This is being looked in to by our content and technical teams as we speak.

It does take a while in order for us to get them all sorted, however we're working on it.

Birgit

NOW TV team