cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ranj-S
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Re: Poor sound quality

Hi @richierh

Thanks for getting in touch, very sorry about the on going sound issues, I can assure you we're not fobbing you off. We want to resolve this issue as much as you do. We're sorry for the delay and inconvenience this has caused and we hope to have it all resolved as quickly as we can.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
Judelew
Advocate

I am also having the same problem.  Modern Family is a particular problem.  Also several episodes of Mount Pleasant.  Have tried it through an ap on LG TV and also through NOWTV box. It is a problem. 

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Judelew

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

We have raised this issue to our tech team. 

We hope to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Karl

NOW TV Team

0 Thanks
varsas
Expert

This seems to be happening more regularly with new content uploaded to NowTV though not necessarily for all episodes.

Any news from the tech team about why this is occurring more often? A problem with the upload or encode process?

Currently watching on catch-up: The Flash S3, Arrow S5, Supergirl S2, The Walking Dead S7
Waiting for boxsets: Silicon Valley S3, Veep S5.
Tags (1)
0 Thanks
DarylM Legend 5
Legend 5

Episode 1 of Nurse Jackie has distorted sound via the black Now TV box.  It is subtle and intermittent, but definitely there.  Episode 2 seems ok to me.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

0 Thanks
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @DarylM and @varsas

Very sorry about that 😞

I'll raise it with the content guys.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

junosboots
Scholar

Now TV has been brilliant over the last year but recently the sound problems on the newer shows - Mount Pleasant and Modern Family (in particular) are causing me to think seriously about investing more money.  Older content eg West Wing seems fine so have you changed the file encoding for new content that leads to these problems?

HelenMc86
Advocate

Season 4 of The Walking Dead has sound dips every few seconds throughout each episode and it's very irritating. It's like little jolts on the sound and it's really distracting. I've only watchd a few episodes and couldn't even enjoy them because the dips are so frustrating. I've given up now, I'm so disappointed as I was really looking forward to this and only signed up yesterday and it's been nothing but problems. As I've read through this thread I've also noticed that this has been going on for several months and many people have reported these problems and they still haven't been resolved.

0 Thanks
Bucktree
Mentor

Hi guys,

I too am experiencing irritating sound blips and dropouts on both entertainment and movies.  It really does spoil what is a great service.

I'm getting it on Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, 24, and pretty much anything I watch. 

Hope you can sort it out, as I said it's in my opinion really spoiling an otherwise great service.

0 Thanks
Birgit-R
NOW TV Team (Retired)

Hi @junosboots and @Bucktree

This is being looked in to by our content and technical teams as we speak.

It does take a while in order for us to get them all sorted, however we're working on it.

Birgit

NOW TV team