cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor sound quality

Last night whilst watching episode 4 of Madam Secretary the sound quality seemed to be particularly poor, suffering several audio drop-outs. This was by no means the first time this has occurred but was amongst the worst instance of this lately.

I view Now TV through the Now TV box and the problem is nothing to do with streaming speed/internet connection as the box shows the signal as excellent and furthermore when I 'rewind' a section of the program and re-listen the audio drop-out occurs at the same points in the sound track.

Ruins a pretty good service otherwise. Any chance this could be fixed so that similar problems don't occur? It seems that the Sky programmes are uploaded onto the server complete with their poor quality sound track.

Neil

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry that you are experiencing sound issues when watching Madam Secretary on your NOW TV box, I can understand that must get frustrating for you. 

Are you getting the poor audio quality on all content or just that show? 

Also, have you tried playing that episode on another device to see if the sound is any better?

Please can you Factory Reset the NOW TV box and also ensure that the Audio cables are inputted correctly and securely. 

Cheers,

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The problem occurs periodically on programmes but never to the extent of last night's viewing of Madam Secretary episode 4. Same issue on any of my three Now TV boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Have you had any trouble since viewing this episode the other night ?

If so, could you try viewing again without any other devices connected and being used a the same time on your WiFi Router.

Let us know how you get on?

Michael

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a regular occurence for me on material available from NowTV via the NowTV Box. On the other hand BBC iPlayer programmes through the same device are completely free of the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've noticed the same problem. The sound is corse and slightly stuttery when watching certain movies.

"Enemy" watched last night certainly had the problem. I think newer movies are worse. I've not noticed the problem with either BBC iPlayer or itv player or youtube. I'm going to try using my apple tv as a comparison.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched Yonderland last night on catch up on new (black) NOWTV box, audio had multiple drops outs.

This is a continuous problem happening on lots of programmes, trying to deal with it on an individual programme level is not going to help. You guys need to develop a better process for preparing your media for streaming.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.  I agree, I watched The Maze Runner and it had drop outs throughout.  @Anonymous User and the NOW TV Team are aware that it's a problem across the board & not confined just to specific to some titles.

herojan
Expert

This has been a general  issue on and for off quite a while now with no indication of any progress in resolving it. 

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear you had issues while viewing Yonderland, can you let us know the exact episode(s) you're having issues with please.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team