cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor sound quality

Last night whilst watching episode 4 of Madam Secretary the sound quality seemed to be particularly poor, suffering several audio drop-outs. This was by no means the first time this has occurred but was amongst the worst instance of this lately.

I view Now TV through the Now TV box and the problem is nothing to do with streaming speed/internet connection as the box shows the signal as excellent and furthermore when I 'rewind' a section of the program and re-listen the audio drop-out occurs at the same points in the sound track.

Ruins a pretty good service otherwise. Any chance this could be fixed so that similar problems don't occur? It seems that the Sky programmes are uploaded onto the server complete with their poor quality sound track.

Neil

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of sound dropout on the new Apple TV on the final episode of season 1 of the Blacklist. No dropout on the same episode on the iPhone. 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We'll get this reported and looked into you ASAP.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've adjusted the audio setting on my appleTV from auto to stereo, which means the Dolby surround setting is switched off. The same episode seems to play ok now. I did this as I was having similar problems on the BBC iplayer app, so it became clear that this may not be a NowTv app problem.

That said, I occasionally get sound problems on theirs app when streaming over my phone network. Anyway - it's worth trying this as a fix on the appleTV and seeing how you get on.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still getting audio issues. Watching Boardwalk Empire via PS4 and the sound is bubbly, with a stutter on the top end of all dialogue. It's not unwatchable but it's really really annoying! This doesn't happen with any other service or with DVDs or Blurays, so I presume it must be the stream quality. I've got 200mb fibre, so it's not my connection.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

I'll get this reported and looked into for you.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem here on the nowtv player i downloaded, every movie i watch it seems like every words the actors/actresses say they repeat what they say and its like an echo, very annoying. i thought it was part of the movie at 1st until i played another movie.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor sound quality
Its like a robitic static echo for a short period but happens three to four times on any content streamed through nowtv.
I have a nowtv hd box i have tried wifi and ethernet connections and there is no improvement.
If i stream bbc iplayer itv hub or all 4 content there is no issue. I do not believe there is an issue with the roku box nor with my internet connection.
It appears to be a streaming issue from NowTVs side for example a server issue.
The time of day does not seem to affect whether the issue will occur.
Judging by the amount of comments regarding this and the time this has been foing on i believe its time NOWTV address this issue and put it right