cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor sound quality

Last night whilst watching episode 4 of Madam Secretary the sound quality seemed to be particularly poor, suffering several audio drop-outs. This was by no means the first time this has occurred but was amongst the worst instance of this lately.

I view Now TV through the Now TV box and the problem is nothing to do with streaming speed/internet connection as the box shows the signal as excellent and furthermore when I 'rewind' a section of the program and re-listen the audio drop-out occurs at the same points in the sound track.

Ruins a pretty good service otherwise. Any chance this could be fixed so that similar problems don't occur? It seems that the Sky programmes are uploaded onto the server complete with their poor quality sound track.

Neil

46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok i was told to use explorer again which i had problems with i down loaded the app for windows 10, worked fine till las night, then your help web page said use explorer now i have no soud check to day its the same soun works ok for the lab top i use.

this puts me off the problems i am having from you.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that.

Can you confirm if you can use the app and sound works in the app? if you can't use the app can you tell us what currently happens when you use it?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, I've got this too. Audio jumping on Last Week Tonight E24.

Tried changing HDMI cables, switching off and on, and a hard reset.

No problem on Iplayer/4od, just Now TV app. Very frustrating as that's really what we pay for!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me on the latest Last Week Tonight on my PC, and PS4... But fine on my Galaxy Note 4 over WiFi. Watched The Fuzz on Netflix (PC) and that was perfect so I don't think it's my wired network.

Shame as it's the first time I've had this problemSmiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As an alternative to my white Now TV box, I've now re-watched a section from the movie "Enemy" on my Apple TV (2), using the Now TV app. This time the sound quality was silky smooth.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Thanks for letting us know.

This has been highlighted to our content team and we're working on the fix 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello been having the same issue while watching modern family on the smart TV.  Last two days.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had this stuttering with Last Week Tonight for the last two weeks and most of Modern Family - Season 6.

The thing that's as equally annoying is that I've seen complaints about this audio stuttering going back months and months in this forum, especially with respect to Modern Family, and still nothing has been done.

Get your act together NowTv. Enough with the copy and paste replies and sort the damn thing out. If it carries on much longer I'm getting rid, and I bet I'm not the only one.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A change in HDMI cable appeared to have solved the problem, but the "stuttering" was once again noticeable when watching "The Mexican" last night. Having all 4 catch-up channels, Youtube and Now TV for £20 is apparently just too good to be true!

I think I'll go back to watching blu-ray and dvd.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi guys,

We're aware that some content has sound quality issues and we're working on them.

Very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Birgit

NOW TV Team