cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor picture quality

I'm after some assistance please. I was watching Sky Sports over the weekend and the picture quality was really poor and eventually the picture went off on my TV and I watched the rest of the football on my phone. I have a white now box so would a 4k box provide a better picture? Also can I use a 4k box on a TV that isn't 4k compatible? I also have a BT box which is connected to the TV by ethernet cable and the picture is fine.

Thanks for your assistance 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I can answer part of your question, where you can use the new 4K smart box on a HD television rather than a 4K UHD TV if you wish.

Obviously you won't be able to take advantage of the 4K streaming of Netflix, YouTube some BBC 4K stuff on BBC iPlayer.

If your television accepts a HDMI 1.4 profile signal, then in the smart box settings you can select 720p or 1080p rather than 4K.

Can't comment about the Sky Sports live streaming channels because i haven't currently got a NowTV sports pass at the moment, but i did read somewhere on the forum a couple of weeks ago that NowTV was encountering some technical live sports streaming issues with a recent software update on Roku and Nowtv branded devices. 

I haven't got a sports pass to double check if this has been fixed.

Where practically possible, i would always recommend an internet connected device over Ethernet than WiFi which is less reliable and less stable when streaming content. 

Maybe somebody from the NowTV Team can confirm If the recent live streaming glitches with regards to Roku & NowTV players has been sorted  ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Should have mentioned that NowTV currently streams their sports channels at 720p 25fps on all their NowTV branded devices, where the nowtv std black box or 4K smart box offers the option to use a hard wired Ethernet connection.