cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture quality for the Spurs - Chelsea game is terrible on NowTV Boost

Sky Sports Main Event looks awful this evening. Loads of artifacting and compression artifacts. Premier League is better but still not the same quality as it normal for NowTV Boost. I've tried live chat to get it escalated but the same terrible experience over there as usual. Oh well.

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, not as bad, but occurring again during Norwich Spurs game.

now tv app 

Samsung UE55NU7100KXXU

@Karl-F 

almost as annoying as VAR! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also happening today on Arsenal vs Chelsea, with now tv streaming stick and with boost. You don’t see it as soon as you change channel, it happens when it switches to the HD/50 fps after a few seconds 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No excuses for Now TV on this but I would recommend giving your home router a reset first before doing anything else. (Even if Netflix etc are streaming alright instead.) If it is an issue your end then that will usually clear it. At least then you know it's down to Now TV, and rules you out of that equation. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The weird moving artefacts on the football pitch grass is showing for me whilst attempting to watch the Derby City v Fulham match tonight via Sky Sports Main Event with the HD Boost Pass which is so distracting and spoils the full HD Boost watching experience that i paid extra for 😠.

Can't even watch the game on the simultaneous broadcast on the Sky Sports Football channel because it's 25fps and i am not prepared to watch anything at the lower 25fps poor frame rate on Sports 😠.

NowTV need to get this sorted and fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I've been having these issues with either premier League or main event channels....also get random judders as if it is changing from 50fps to 24fps at certain points...is anyone else getting that too? Fine on all other now TV channels 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Been watching the six nations Rugby on Freeview all afternoon and the picture quality was a pleasure to watch on both the BBC & ITV terrestrial broadcast.

Just watched the final 20 minutes of the Leicester v Man City game and the background picture was a mess on both Main Event & Premier League on the Boost Pass when attempting to watch either on my NowTV 4K Smart box or on the NowTV App on my Youview Box.

Didn't experience any judder during the time i was watching the game where everything seemed to be streaming at 50fps and the foreground close up picture looked sharp to me and movement of the ball and players looked smooth with plenty of detail in the motion.

Where the problem lies for me is the background picture mainly solid coloured areas such has the grass on the pitch which looked out of focus with a haze feel on it where the grass seems to simmer with changes of resolution which added a lot of picture noise and weird artefacts and takes you out of the match.

I watched the Super Rugby game on Main Event on early Friday  morning this week between the Crusaders v the Highlanders which was broadcasted live from the other side of the World and the picture was perfect and there was nothing to complain about (so NowTV can provide a viewable HD Sports stream, but it seems not all of the time which is not acceptable to me 😠).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps yeah I agree with you, the judder I only noticed in the first half, it's as if the screen slows down for a few seconds and resets itself, but was fine the second half....the issue you are having however is still there for every English football match since I've had hd boost, but like you...I have had experience of perfect picture with the cricket and rugby league on main event with no issues

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bad news the artifacting (if that's a word) has moved to sky sports F1 now...must be ready for 50fps for the new season 🤔

starman73
Elite

Pretty confusing resurrecting an old thread especially as chelsea v Spurs was on BT sport today.

fwiw Leicester v Man City was fine for me on main event.

lockmatt
Expert 2

not the best picture quality on main event channel