cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture quality for the Spurs - Chelsea game is terrible on NowTV Boost

Sky Sports Main Event looks awful this evening. Loads of artifacting and compression artifacts. Premier League is better but still not the same quality as it normal for NowTV Boost. I've tried live chat to get it escalated but the same terrible experience over there as usual. Oh well.

29 REPLIES 29
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Noticed this myself using the Boost Pass on Sky Sports Main Event when watching the Spurs v Chelsea match.

The Premier League channel for the same above match seems OK.

Also watched the Watford v Man Utd game and that was fine on Main Event with no artefacts on the grass in the background.

This has happened previously for me with the Boost Pass on Main Event when watching another football match (can't remember the game in question think it was a Championship match).

I will tag @Karl-F  the NowTV Community Manager to see if he can pass this information onto his Technical Dept to investigate further.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks.

I just wasted 70 minutes trying to get live chat to aknowledge the issue and got nowhere. Can we perhaps make sure the live chat agents have access to the video feed so they can check it for themselves?

Matty999
Scholar

I also experienced the same, again i have the hd boost. Even now the darts on main event is not perfect and I've had to switch to Action for a better picture.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep the quality is still terrible - great service... Anyone else having the issue - don't waste your time with live chat - they'll want you to go through the whole unplugging it, plugging it back in, log off / on when it's obvious it's their problem...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes picture on main event through samsung tv app which is supposted to run at 60fps was garbage blocky pixelated had to switch over to  another channel to watch game 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had exactly the same issue. Been using Now Tv for 6 months and this is the first time it’s happened. Also have the boost applied. 

Now Tv App on Samsung tv, absolutely no issues with Wi-Fi, very healthy speed. On/off had no effect. 

Also so happening on the live darts. 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, 

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know.

We want to look into this further, so can you please let me know what device you are using when this occurs?

If you are using a Samsung Smart TV, can you please let me know the Model number?

Can you please also let me know if this was an intermittent issue or was it constant throughout on Main Event channel?

Thanks

Karl

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Karl-F 

For me i was using a NowTV 4K Smart box and the background artefacts was on the Main Event Channel whilst watching the entire Spurs v Chelsea game and the Darts.

NowTV Box used over hard wired Ethernet on NowTV Fab Fibre with a full fat down speed of 40Mbps with no other internet devices running in the house.

The same Spurs game on Premier League channel was artefacts free for me.

I have noticed this before on the Main Event channel with my Boost Pass, there is something definitely wrong between the Sky Satellite broadcast and the conversion done to deliver the Main Event stream via your NowTV service.

The artefacts looks like colour shifting & colour illumination changes and pixel simmering on solid background colours like football pitch grass and with the Darts it was more noticeable on the solid blue carpet and is obviously quite distracting and takes you out of the match and needs to be fixed.

The Watford v Man Utd Match before the Spurs game on Main Event was artefacts free for me.