cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muskiem
Advocate

Re: PICTURE BREAK UP ON SKY SPORTS CHANNELS NOW TV???

I had exactly the same problem with my LG 43" tv which has Nowtv as a pre loaded app. continually losing pictures and distorted, yet my bedroom tv a Panasonic 40" with the nowtv USB device  plugged in worked fine, both tvs run off same tv aerials but different Sky dishes. so does it use my router or 1 of the aerials for tuning ? I disconected the LG roof aerial and that didnt do anything so remove that idea as the fault. I tried re tuning all stations on both LG and its paired skybox. but no change from that so its down to the router ? if thats the case what happens to people who buy this LG 43" smart tv that dont have broadband ? does that mean none of the APPS would tune in ?

0 Thanks
lockmatt
Expert 2

picture break up is happening a lot on sky sports news this morning

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@muskiem 

All NowTV services come over your broadband, via your router, so terrestrial aerials and Sky dishes don’t come into it.

None of the Apps on a Smart TV, all of which rely on a broadband connection, would work without one.

You can simulate this by disconnecting any Ethernet connection to your TV, and turning off the WiFi on it.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
muskiem
Advocate

thanks  RoyB for that confirming info, my son also told me later that the bedroom tv is directly on the wall behind the router which is in the hallway, and that using the Nowtv USB format  would get a better signal than the further away placed LG  smart tv with loaded apps. he suggested that I should have tried putting the usb device from the Panasonic tv into the LG tv and then compare  the performance as he thinks the usb is better signal anyway

0 Thanks