cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

PICTURE BREAK UP ON SKY SPORTS CHANNELS NOW TV???

WHY IS THIS  STILL HAPPENING NOW TV???????

213 REPLIES 213
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No change there then between 2018 and 2019. Just listened to 4 days at Portrush. Couldn't watch because no picture lasted for more than 20 counts. Disgraceful when you are paying £15.00.

Don't tell me it has anything to do with my internet because it doesn't - it's just a crap service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had exactly the same problem with my LG 43" tv which has Nowtv as a pre loaded app. continually losing pictures and distorted, yet my bedroom tv a Panasonic 40" with the nowtv USB device  plugged in worked fine, both tvs run off same tv aerials but different Sky dishes. so does it use my router or 1 of the aerials for tuning ? I disconected the LG roof aerial and that didnt do anything so remove that idea as the fault. I tried re tuning all stations on both LG and its paired skybox. but no change from that so its down to the router ? if thats the case what happens to people who buy this LG 43" smart tv that dont have broadband ? does that mean none of the APPS would tune in ?

lockmatt
Expert 2

picture break up is happening a lot on sky sports news this morning

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

All NowTV services come over your broadband, via your router, so terrestrial aerials and Sky dishes don’t come into it.

None of the Apps on a Smart TV, all of which rely on a broadband connection, would work without one.

You can simulate this by disconnecting any Ethernet connection to your TV, and turning off the WiFi on it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks  RoyB for that confirming info, my son also told me later that the bedroom tv is directly on the wall behind the router which is in the hallway, and that using the Nowtv USB format  would get a better signal than the further away placed LG  smart tv with loaded apps. he suggested that I should have tried putting the usb device from the Panasonic tv into the LG tv and then compare  the performance as he thinks the usb is better signal anyway

ken242
Expert

And updates I just at the cricket on the main event channel watching Ireland play in the qualifying of the World Cup and I’ve had no problem with picture break up but I am getting picture of Brake up on two of the entertainment channels which are fox Channel which is the worst and back up on  sci-fi too but sky one sky Atlantic are free from Brack up I was on live chat and they tell me that when is Issue is fixed I will get an email from the NOW TV team

lockmatt
Expert 2

happening on premier league channel watching soccer am
im getting the fat hump now with this ongoing issue
ANYONE FROM NOW TV GIVE A T##S?

ken242
Expert

@lockmattwrote:

happening on premier league channel watching soccer am
im getting the fat hump now with this ongoing issue
ANYONE FROM NOW TV GIVE A T##S?

today had the football the premier league channel and i  got multicolured break up on there so i went to the sky sport main event channel and  i got know problems with this channel .

stammie1609
Expert

At various times over the weekend I had the Main Event, F1, Action and Arena channels on and didn't see the picture breakup issue once on either my Now TV Stick or Smart Box.

Hopefully it'll stay this good for the return of Premier League football next weekend.

ken242
Expert

@stammie1609wrote:

At various times over the weekend I had the Main Event, F1, Action and Arena channels on and didn't see the picture breakup issue once on either my Now TV Stick or Smart Box.

Hopefully it'll stay this good for the return of Premier League football next weekend.

ok here look good on them channels too i had know  problems  but i on some move channels and some enterainment channels   i have few problems