cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

PICTURE BREAK UP ON SKY SPORTS CHANNELS NOW TV???

WHY IS THIS  STILL HAPPENING NOW TV???????

213 REPLIES 213
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@stammie1609 wrote:

I haven't used the sports service for just over a week but I did finally get the picture breakup fault a couple of times during the Newcastle-Chelsea game the Sunday before last.

Watching the Cup final and other events on BT Sports this past weekend I realised its going to be quite embarrassing for Sky/Now TV when BT comes to Now TV next year.

Leave aside the almost constant errors from the almost year long picture freeze to the now picture breakup faults, on BT Sports I was watching an exceptionally good 1080P picture running at 50 fps rather than Now's 720P 25 fps and BT only costs £5 a month!

The app Isnt available to non bt broadband subscribers so it’s not really an issue, it will probably cost the same as via sky which is £34.49 for hd which is way overpriced for what they offer

stammie1609
Expert

@Anonymous User wrote:

The app Isnt available to non bt broadband subscribers so it’s not really an issue, it will probably cost the same as via sky which is £34.49 for hd which is way overpriced for what they offer

You have kind of missed the point, BT Sports online for a fiver a month is stupidly better than Sky Sports via Now TV for £34 a month.

Until the BT Sports app appears on Now TV devices none of us know how much the pricing will be for non BT, EE or Sky subscribers (the app is available to all 3 not just BT broaband customers) but I doubt it will be anywhere near the figure you quoted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently experiencing seriously poor picture quality on Sky Sports News channel on Now Tv, through the Roku. It is that bad I cannot even read what the ticker tape currently says at the bottom of the screen. Usually it is fine our end but definitely not this afternoon. Same currently for Sky Cinema Live channels. Just tried Dunkirk on demand and that in the other hand is fine. Me thinks the playoff Championship final is taking its toll on the Live servers.
lockmatt
Expert 2

and heres me thinking the picture break up issue had been resolved,but no its happening again watching the cricket this evening on main event channel!!

lockmatt
Expert 2

picture break up this evening watching darts on action channel..are you still having the picture break up issue? @ken242

ken242
Expert

I must be lucky I have had no break up a toll on any sports channels so far touchwood
lockmatt
Expert 2

first of all i hate this new forum lay out,its f###ing sh##,and why am i getting this stupid red bar saying ive been watching 8hrs and more,choose channel again then a hour later it comes up again,now tv please go back to previous forum layout 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watched everton city match live on sky premier on stick and stream quite poor. Same as others green/blue screens throughout. Not expecting a fix, just adding another comment. Allan. Manchester.

lockmatt
Expert 2

happening all of the 1st half watching arsenal game

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @lockmatt,

Thanks for letting me know. 

I'll pass this back to our teams investigating this issue. 

Thanks

Karl