cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockmatt
Expert 2

PICTURE BREAK UP ON SKY SPORTS CHANNELS NOW TV???

WHY IS THIS  STILL HAPPENING NOW TV???????

213 REPLIES 213
Anonymous User
Not applicable

First Time watching skysports on now tv on Sunday

Complete waste of money picture was breaking up every few seconds with coloured strips on display not a happy camper 

Ps was trying to watch Chelsea v Liverpool

ken242
Expert

Welcome I’ve had this issue since February when I was watching the England New Zealand one-day International’s and the test matches and I still got it It’s not your end the problem it’s the now TV end with the problem with is issue question I just started getting a little bit of buffing now ?
lockmatt
Expert 2

@Tony-D yes it is still happening!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe a bit more investigation is required on this subject to isolate why this affects some and not others.  I personally never have any issues with buffering and only experienced the coloured line breakup a couple of times and even then it was for a fraction of a second.  It would maybe be helpful if a new thread was started and anyone who has issues could post stating a bit of info like isp, device they are watching on, maybe even the area they live in.  There has to be some sort of pattern, over to you now tv.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Maybe a bit more investigation is required on this subject to isolate why this affects some and not others.  I personally never have any issues with buffering and only experienced the coloured line breakup a couple of times and even then it was for a fraction of a second.  It would maybe be helpful if a new thread was started and anyone who has issues could post stating a bit of info like isp, device they are watching on, maybe even the area they live in.  There has to be some sort of pattern, over to you now tv.

@lockmatt Thanks for the reply. Is it the exact same issue?

@Anonymous User You are right. The fix we implemented recently has helped most of the people but there are still a lot of people having the same problem. We'll be investigating more and more this week. Thanks for your input Gary.

ken242
Expert

I’ve got a Samsung TV with now TV app connected to my WiFi with bt and I’m not going for a third party and the picture on there is perfect with no problem no bike up but I like using an air TV stick Our box
ken242
Expert

same here on the football League channel
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Once again no problems here on the Football channel.

ken242
Expert

Live TV still breaking up on the channels Live TV still breaking up on the cinema channels today and yesterday broke up on the sky cricket channel but not The football league channel ?
stammie1609
Expert

I haven't used the sports service for just over a week but I did finally get the picture breakup fault a couple of times during the Newcastle-Chelsea game the Sunday before last.

Watching the Cup final and other events on BT Sports this past weekend I realised its going to be quite embarrassing for Sky/Now TV when BT comes to Now TV next year.

Leave aside the almost constant errors from the almost year long picture freeze to the now picture breakup faults, on BT Sports I was watching an exceptionally good 1080P picture running at 50 fps rather than Now's 720P 25 fps and BT only costs £5 a month!