cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only the First 5 episodes

Why are only the first five episodes of The Staircase available to watch? What an absolutely bizarre business model, only showing the first five espidoes of an eight episode series.

It's a con, especially when they're advertising it on their front page.

You don't get this sort of nonsense with Amazon or Netflix.

Membership cancelled.

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Because The Staircase is on weekly catch up and episode one started five weeks ago.

It's not true what you say about Netflix where for example I am currently watching "Better Call Saul" on Netflix and this TV show a new episode is added weekly. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Have to say that I prefer that model as I find it easier to keep up to date with shows that are weekly. Plus it makes sense when they are going to be introducing the ad tier, which will probably see a lot of folk cancel. 

Assuming there is no overall price increase for no ads I will keep it for the time being. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This has nothing to do with NOW or Sky. The show is by HBO and for some reason they released 3 episodes in 1 go on the 5th May, then it's been weekly as @schnapps  pointed out. 

The next 3 episodes are over the course of the next 3 weeks. A quick google search will show this. 

Also when Mr Robot was being shown on Amazon this was also weekly drops. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

"A quick google search will show this"

NOW TV should be displaying this information. It's ludicrous that you have to search for it online!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

NOW aren’t advertising that ALL episodes are available. In fact when you go into the show it will indicate when the next episode is available.

See below screenshot.

727BAF22-99CC-4134-9BC3-8EE492722E09.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This screen shot taken from the NOW website says "streaming weekly" top right hand corner .

Screenshot_2022-05-24-13-03-52.png

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Have to admit I find the trickle feed of episodes to be a bit frustrating, but even worse is when the whole series is finally up, ALL the episodes expire within a short period.  15 days for Julia at the moment.  So the last episode is available for far less time than the early episodes.   Up to 8 weeks.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/home/asset/julia/iYEQZ2rcf32XRGvK7x42N9

Screenshot 2022-05-24 162811.png

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SweetBlitz 

The problem when it’s not content directly owned by Sky it won’t be on long after airing, then you have the frustrating wait to see if and when it returns. Whereas if I use my HBO Max subscription the shows will permanently remain on the service.