cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv 24hr pass not activating

Right

I wanted to watch the Austrian F1 GP live on my phone using the this 24hr sky sports pass. but it doesnt activate. I get an error PPG_4004, and ive got a screenshot to prove it. I even bought the membership twice and have receipts to prove it. I tried numerous times to start the stream and activate the pass, but just got the same message. 

Since somehow i paid for a 24hr pass TWICE in the space of an 1hour and wasnt able to activate the pass, I want a full refund as I didnt get service I paid for.

People beware, Im writing this post as it NowTV have made it almost impossible to get customer service and ive had to resort to making my first ever post. What shambles of a service this is. It would be a miracles if can get a refund, but if i dont at least I can warn others of the same issue.

Ill be waiting for a response NowTV......

Regards

(P****d off new customer)

Bilal

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You won’t get a response from staff as they seldom post on the forum. So it’s mainly used by customers like you and me.

Have you got another device that your able to try “activate” the membership with?

Were you trying to activate the membership with Wi-Fi or your mobile data?

As for refunds, jump onto live chat by clicking “chat online” within the green box and not “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jon_84
Advocate

I’ve just had this very same issue whilst trying to purchase a day pass to watch a premier league match. I’ve ended up being charged for 2 day passes and a month membership.

Every time I tried to purchase access it came up with same error message;

‘Unable to complete purchase. Sorry, we were unable to complete the purchase of your Membership right now. You can try again, or continue using the app and we’ll keep trying for you. PPG_4004.

This is despite now being charged for two day passes and a full month. After much frustration and an expletive laden rant at the NowTV chatbot, I finally got somewhere. By clicking on a different sports show link (The Transfer Show) on the sports page it worked for some unknown reason, and I was able to activate one of my selection of passes. I also allowed the app to use my location (after it randomly asked to) but I have no idea whether that had any bearing on my success. 
I hope this helps somebody avoid the frustration of receiving this error message, especially as NowTV seem to have a non-existent customer service profile. NowTV, if you’re reading this - you are cr*p. 

Best Regards,

Jon

RoyB
Legend

@Jon_84 

They aren’t. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The fact you mentioned bot, sounds like you didn't follow my steps in order to speak with staff. 

Also my post clearly states the status of the forum use. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help