cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv now longer on LG tv

Ok so I’m really annoyed with now tv. So for a few wks I cannot watch the lion king or toy story. Error msg. Was told to do a few things then get intouch with nowtv via twitter. I did.  And someone was trying to help. Then stopped. So I msged a few times. And just got a reply to start with my query from the beginning! Top

it off I just got a msg on my LG tv saying from the 24th Aug I can no longer watch nowtv. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Yes NowTV have decided to take the decision to no longer support older style LG TVs  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Then what are we supposed to? Purchase a now tv stick at extra cost

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I would hope that NowTV offered a voucher or offer towards the cost of a Now TV Stick but yes you will need a NowTV Stick or another device capable of watching NowTV if you wish to continue using the service. I would recommend a Roku Express or Streaming Stick so you could also use Prime Video as well.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting.

There is a known error with Toy Story 4 and the Lion King, it's fixed on most devices but sadly some LG TVs are still unable to play it.

If you have any other devices it should still work on those but I understand you just want to watch it on your TV.

As you've seen the app will be unavailable on some older LG TVs in the future, sadly it's not going to be possible to keep the app secure and up to date on these devices anymore. 

If your LG TV is your main device then speak to Live Chat, explaining you've seen that you're TV will not be supported in the future and they maybe be able to help you out with a NOW TV Stick.

Thanks

Simon