cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box cuts off every 30 minutes

Can anyone help please?!  I've been using my Now tv box successfully for quite a while, maybe a year.  A couple of months ago, however, it's developed this very annoying habit of cutting out every 30 minutes and going back to the blue menu screen.  It does this with every tv channel.  It does not do this with any of the radio channels I listen to, which it will play happily for hours until I decide to switch off.  I have searched through the menus on the box and cannot find anything like a timer which I could switch off.  Might this have something to do with companies' reduced broadband speeds because of the lockdown?  Does anyone else have this problem?  The only way I can watch a programme/channel for more than 30 minutes is to remember to put the programme on pause for a few seconds before the 30 minutes is up, then start it up again.  It's driving me mad!  

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been having this problem for months now!

Was initially every 30 minutes, but now it is every 10 minutes. 

Got through to an adviser!!! Who was no help whatsoever, who kindly told me to go to their online chat / technology department which is all automated, and about as much use as a chocolate teapot. 

Wouldn't mind so much as only use it for UKTV, but also for Sky sports, which I have just forked out £33 for!!

Disgraceful service and will be demanding a full refund. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is doing it every 5 minutes, I'm hoping by the fact that the thread last had activity in October that someone did find a solution or it just went away? I'll try doing all the resets etc and hope that fixes it...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, still have the issue. But now that NowTV is available on Amazon devices, I've binned my NowTV box and downloaded the app on my FireTV stick. I haven't had the issue since.

So  to fix your issue, buy an Amazon FireTV stick. 😊