cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box cuts off every 30 minutes

Can anyone help please?!  I've been using my Now tv box successfully for quite a while, maybe a year.  A couple of months ago, however, it's developed this very annoying habit of cutting out every 30 minutes and going back to the blue menu screen.  It does this with every tv channel.  It does not do this with any of the radio channels I listen to, which it will play happily for hours until I decide to switch off.  I have searched through the menus on the box and cannot find anything like a timer which I could switch off.  Might this have something to do with companies' reduced broadband speeds because of the lockdown?  Does anyone else have this problem?  The only way I can watch a programme/channel for more than 30 minutes is to remember to put the programme on pause for a few seconds before the 30 minutes is up, then start it up again.  It's driving me mad!  

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have recently been experiencing the same issue. Has anybody managed to find a solution? 

thanks 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue, on multiple NowTV boxes, using WiFi and Ethernet. Both boxes have been factory reset multiple times, and the same issue persists. I can use my Amazon Fire TV stick in 4K all day long with no issues so Internet speeds/bandwidth is not the issue. Its so annoying that no-one has a solution to this issue. 😞

(And dont get me started on the fact that Sky have subtly removed HD and placed it behind a paywall...)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box also started doing the same!!

Has anyone found anything that works?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had now tv box for a year started doing this with watch list programmes the other day after I got a day sports pass that I had to start on the iPad before it would work on tv. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, sorry to jump on the thread but yesterday I started having the same problem- has anyone reached a solution yet??? It is driving myself and my husband insane 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Of course we have no solution.

It seems Sky/NowTV don't really care.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too!!! Mine started this yesterday... Though it's every 5 minutes which is completely rubbish!!! And there's noone to call to ask for support...I mean seriously, why offer a service that there's nobody to help when it goes wrong? Directing people to a community forum for us all to faff about trying to get answers ourselves (whilst we're paying NOW TV for us to come up with answers by the way) is ridiculous. 

I wish I hadn't changed to their broadband now... Just hope it doesn't break down. 

Sorry for the rant peeps! Just hate it when companies don't help their customers. 

I take it noone has a solution then? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve just finally managed to get through to the tech people - mine started
yesterday as well - it would seem there are quiet a few of us having this
problem - ‘apparently’ they are dealing with it which I truly hope they are
as if they don’t I will be requesting a refund the period of time this
continues
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't hold your breath, both my boxes and my mothers all started doing the same thing around the same time.

And don't get me started on the fact that they quietly pulled the HD channels and now charge extra for them...

I tell you, I wish the NowTV app was on the Amazon stick so I can throw these crap boxes in the bin.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same with now tv smart box with Freeview.