cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick losing connection all the time.

Getting a bit fed up of the stick losing connection for a second or 2 then reconnecting all of the time.  Programmes stopping all the time, then when coming back on, takes you to a part much earlier than watched. My boxes don't do that. So what is the issue with the sticks?

4 REPLIES 4
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Getting a bit fed up of the stick losing connection for a second or 2 then reconnecting all of the time.  Programmes stopping all the time, then when coming back on, takes you to a part much earlier than watched. My boxes don't do that. So what is the issue with the sticks?

How are you powering the Stick @Anonymous User?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Sorry for the delayed answer. I originally had it connected directly into the tv with the usb connection. I am currently trying it plugged into a power source. This hasn't solved the problem either. Still losing connection. I have to go to setting to re connect for the mojority of the time. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you have a dual band router, have you tried both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequencies and different wifi channels ?

If you have a HDMI extender fly lead laying around the  house (say for example that comes with a Fire Stick) then try that with the nowtv smart stick which will provide some extra space between the TV casing and the stick to hopefully improve the wifi reception and reduce drop outs of the stick wifi signal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem. Sometimes just have to wiggle the stick and it comes back but drops out far too frequently. There is definitely a problem with this product which seems to be ignored. I have tried different hdmi ports and happens in each port. I cant decide if it is the bit that goes into the stick with power or the stick itselft but they shouldnt be selling this if it is iffy. I like the Nowtv product but it needs a more reliable stick. I had the same problem with amazon box for the first few months but they seem to have sorted it now as i have prime as well as nowtv.