cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No catch up

I have just replaced my Samsung t.v to a LG due to a faulty screen they could not replace. I have set up my now tv box and all my catch up itv, bbc, etc has gone. I’ve just find out that some LG don’t support certain catch up channels is this why I can’t get it on my now t.v box if so is there away round this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User further to what @gavs82008 has said, on your LG TV are you looking at a screen like this

IMG_20210219_082521.jpg

If so, then all the icons on the bottom of the screen are the apps built into the TV. Some are installed by default, others you'll have to install from the LG content store. Are you selecting the NowTV app at the bottom of the screen thinking that you're accessing your NowTV box?

To select your NowTV device, make a note of which hdmi port it's plugged into, then find this button on your remote

Screenshot_20210219-083401__01.jpg

although it's position on the remote varies according to model. You should get a list of all the inputs appear on the right of the screen. Select the appropriate hdmi port your NowTV box is plugged into and the TV will switch over. 

One last thing about the apps on the LG TV. The screen isn't big enough to display all the apps. If you look at the first picture I posted, you'll see 3 little lines in the bottom right corner. If you scroll across and click on that icon, the app icons will shrink and you can then keep scrolling across to the right to access all the hidden icons. In future, when you know which inbuilt apps you'll use most often, you can reposition them onto the main screen for quick access and even label them eg you can label HDMI 1 as dvd player or NowTV box.

I own a couple of LG TV's so if you have any more problems or questions I can try and help.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So most new LG TVs should have the standard Freeview apps in iPlayer, iTV hub, All4 and My5.

If your not getting these apps on your Now TV box, this is nothing to do with the LG TV. It’s more down to the box becoming faulty for whatever reason. 
You are best to either update the software on the Now TV box, or perform a factory reset to the device.

Factory resets are extreme but 9/10 it squashes bugs on the device.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User further to what @gavs82008 has said, on your LG TV are you looking at a screen like this

IMG_20210219_082521.jpg

If so, then all the icons on the bottom of the screen are the apps built into the TV. Some are installed by default, others you'll have to install from the LG content store. Are you selecting the NowTV app at the bottom of the screen thinking that you're accessing your NowTV box?

To select your NowTV device, make a note of which hdmi port it's plugged into, then find this button on your remote

Screenshot_20210219-083401__01.jpg

although it's position on the remote varies according to model. You should get a list of all the inputs appear on the right of the screen. Select the appropriate hdmi port your NowTV box is plugged into and the TV will switch over. 

One last thing about the apps on the LG TV. The screen isn't big enough to display all the apps. If you look at the first picture I posted, you'll see 3 little lines in the bottom right corner. If you scroll across and click on that icon, the app icons will shrink and you can then keep scrolling across to the right to access all the hidden icons. In future, when you know which inbuilt apps you'll use most often, you can reposition them onto the main screen for quick access and even label them eg you can label HDMI 1 as dvd player or NowTV box.

I own a couple of LG TV's so if you have any more problems or questions I can try and help.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Just currently in work

but yes I am looking at the screen same as the pic and yes I am just clicking on the Now tv app so will I will definitely give this ago when I am home and let you know how I got on! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you all sorted !