cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No assets for required device capabilities

Surely this has to be a Now issue, never seen this with Netflix or Amazon? 

It's very frustrating when you get far into a series and then all of a sudden apparently episodes are missing?? 

20 REPLIES 20
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Someone does, or someone will, and then they will fix it.

And the @ContentTeam will pop up and announce this, but nobody else concerned posts here.

The main job of us support providers here, all customers like you, is to act as a signpost to the Broadband team, and to Live Chat, both of which seem to be unreasonably difficult for posters here to find unaided 😢

Every so often, though, we can do a little better than that; in this case, by assuring you that it seems to be a problem with Manifest alone, it isn’t you, it’s Now who have the issue here, and you are not alone in having it, as other people have reported the same thing.

But as to what it is, the best we can say is that one or more episodes haven’t been set up properly, or arrived in a state such that they can’t be set up properly. And there are Now people whose job is to fix stuff like that, and they will.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also having the same problem with episode 2 of season 2 of manifest. OVP_00009.

I tried speaking with the now TV online chat and it was one of the most painful customer service experiences of my life. They were rude, patronising, unapologetic and just bizarre. Told me to log out, reinstall... All the usual jazz, asked me to log in on my phone to check there and then accused me of having logged in to too many devices. Very strange. Then told me not to log out / restart / etc because that apparently that would cause it.

So apparently my TV being able to play all the media except s2e2, with an error message about no assets, is a problem exclusively with my TV and no other customers have had this issue ever.

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi our team is investigating the issue. Sorry for the troubles. Will let know once we have an update soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For my part, I have cancelled my nowtv account, this was just too much.

I had been getting more and more annoyed by the advertising which wasn't part of nowtv when I first subscribed, so adding inaccessible content was just too much.

I'm sad so be forced to it but have had to join the Murdoch mob and take skystream to get access to the boxsets I was binging.

Disappointed,  but I'll be gladly paying the six quid to be free of ads again 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

£5, the monthly price of Boost, would have freed you from ads on Now 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, I was kind of aware, but the point of me being on nowtv was to ve a cheapskate 😉 plus  oost ain't gonna give me the missing content.... this is a very major boob by nowtv tech.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Hit the cancel button with boost and you’ll most likely be given discounts. Which is how I’ve managed to pay £2 a month for over a year 😎

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Top tip gave, butbthe crucial issue is the inaccessible content, truly unforgiveable 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You are much better to report direct with staff via email or live chat.

See below picture for the email address.

gavs82008_0-1670274566230.jpeg

You can also go onto live chat by clicking “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

So Sky never get content issues?

(Asked in a spirit of genuine enquiry)

And while the OVP0009 fallout was pretty widespread, it was one issue, and didn’t last that long, and I haven’t seen anything like that in ten previous years of Now usage.

What this has thrown into sharp relief though, is that we can’t go on with Now customers having expectations of the Community that it was never designed to meet - anyone with an issue that it is clear that only the Broadband helpline or Live Chat can meet, needs to be triaged away before they ever post that issue in the Community 😢