cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Premier League Coverage?

What..No Premier league coverage tonight with all those games on??

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon Prime has rights to all the games tonight.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Amazon Prime have the rights to all the PL games tonight.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get used to this. Amazon have all the boxing day games and BT Sport have all the new year's day games and also a midweek late in January.

With the FA Cup returning at the start and end of January, there is barely any premier League football on Sky from winter solstice to February  (And Norwich v Spurs is on Sky One) followed by a mid season break of sorts.

Sky are also making Sports free on 25th and 26th December on satellite. May even extend it to Now TV and cable.

Expect an offer for Sky Sports you can't refuse in your inbox mid-December when the darts start.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Amazon picture quality is sub-standard. Chelsea game looks like a poor stream on my Fire Stick which is about a foot away from the router. Not even working on TIvo.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Amazon Prime watching the Man City game last night, plus Man Utd first half and just jumping over to the Liverpool v Everton match looks amazing to me in glorious 50fps on my BT 4K Youview box.

Though for some reason the dedicated inbuilt Prime App on my Panasonic 4K TV looks poor in comparison where it seems to be streaming at 25fps.

Tested both devices over Ethernet and which ever device wasn't playing the game i made sure that the non streaming device was switched off.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Definitely better on Fire Stick than virgin V6, however it is dropping in quality from time to time. Better in second half. Shame no Amazon app on now TV stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A minor glitch tonight, but Amazon have shown how Streaming Sport can be done. Give me what we've seen in two nights on Prime rather than anything we've had on NowTV, technical quality wise, since it's creation. 

The presentation too has been class with less histrionics as well. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The presentation too has been class with less histrionics as well. 

In the main it has been pared back and I enjoyed it more than the overblown Sky production.  Also better for simply not having Sourpuss or Carragob as pundits.