cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No Parks and Rec on Peacock?

I'm a new subscriber to Now TV because I was hoping to watch Parks and Rec.  I was watching on Netflix but I understand the licencing agreement with NBC ran out on Aug 1st.  It disappeared from Netflix and I believed it was moving to Peacock. I. E. the Peacock channel in NowTV.  I see the Peacock Channel and lots of other NBC content but no Parks and Rec.... Anyone any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps @Anonymous User @gavs82008 

Parks and Recreation indeed left NOW on the 30th of June and is not scheduled at the moment. I will put in the wish list

thank you

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Never watched this TV show myself, but have noticed it was on Sky Comedy in the past (not currently available at the moment).

The Peacock on NOW doesn't cover all the same content has Peacock in the USA.

Perhaps @ContentTeam can check on their spreadsheet if this TV show is due back anytime soon on NOW.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 
Was it not one of the duplicated shows on the launch last year like Young Rock? Positive it was on the launch of Peacock, but could be totally mistaken.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

I have no idea, but when looking for stuff to randomly watch by looking through the NOW on Demand Entertainment channels I did notice this TV show on Sky Comedy in the past (can't remember if was after or before the Peacock launch on NOW in the UK).

To be honest I don't visit the NOW on Demand Peacock section that often to see what is there or not.

Doing a quick Google search this comes up in the screenshot below has one of the first results.

Screenshot_20220805-211829_Samsung Internet.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

Parks and Recreation left NOW on the 30th of June according to this website link article.

https://vodzilla.co/last-chance-to-stream/whats-leaving-sky-and-now-in-june-july-2022/ 

Hopefully the NOW Content Team can confirm if it's returning anytime soon.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

That would definitely explain why it was on Sky Comedy. It makes me wonder if the long term goal of Peacock here is to hold the NBC distributed shows.

As Chicago Fire and Med seasons 1-4 are due to leave Netflix on the 31st. This which I assume will come to Peacock at some point…..hopefully.

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps @Anonymous User @gavs82008 

Parks and Recreation indeed left NOW on the 30th of June and is not scheduled at the moment. I will put in the wish list

thank you

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A shame. Thanks  @ContentTeam and the other users for the information. 

FYI I've gone ahead and canceled my NOW tv membership for the time beginning. As mentioned in my original post,  the primary reason I joined was I was mid-way through Park and Rec when it left Netflix and I'd be prepared to swap over steaming services to continue watching as I had understood  Peacock was it's new home.   If / when it comes back to NOW / Peacock  and someone in the content team remembers this conversation, can you post here. I'll restart my membership and pick up where I left off.

Martin_14
Expert

I thought it was on Peacock UK at launch aswell , so was 30 Rock which has also now been added to Amazon Freevee, Freevee have also now added the WB owned NBC drama Third Watch.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

A show I’ve been meaning to watch. That’s what I thought when the show left Netflix.

Highly annoyingly Peacock UK don’t release information to what’s getting added each month. Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long.

You could try emailing Sky at viewer r @ Sky . uk  (ensure no spaces)

However don’t be shocked to not be told much. As I’ve given up asking them. Even considering acting Peacock UK on Facebook is pointless as they don’t even bother replying!