cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nashville season 4 disappearing episodes

Hi,

Watching Nashville season 4 from UK. Have managed to get the first two episodes but now they're no longer available. And I saw that episode 3 had come on to Now TV for a brief moment but now is unavailable.

Currently showing on the Nashville screen is 0 seasons, 0 episodes.

Where are the episodes and where can I catch them?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Because season 4 is the current new season it is on catch-up, so it works like BBC iPlayer where each episode is only available for 30 days after broadcast. As a result the first few episodes of the season have now left. The entire season should return as a boxset sometime next year.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Andy. I'm a bit disappointed that this is the case. Should I be complaining to Now TV? The product is marketed showing the various programmes available through live TV and catch up. The fact we cannot view the current series until the box set comes out means our viewing continuity is interrupted.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately that is the way NOW TV is designed to work. It's a mixture of boxsets and catchup. Previous seasons will appear as boxsets where you get all the episodes to watch in one go. But when it's the latest season, it works like BBC iPlayer where each episode is available for a set amount of days before expiring (usually 30). You'll see a days left message next to each episode when they are catch-up. Because it's been over 30 days the first few episodes have now expired.

Previous seasons tend to come up as boxsets a few weeks before new seasons start to give people chance to catch up, and it's possible it might be available at other times of the year as well, but it's a case of waiting to see. Keep an eye on the blog which has a coming up post each month

http://watch.nowtv.com/blog

and on this thread which lists new boxsets added

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/Boxset-Information/td-p/177659/page/67

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm really annoyed new to now TV really enjoying Nashville and don't understand the jump in available episodes......
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Because season 4 is the current new season it is on catch-up, so it works like BBC iPlayer where each episode is only available for 30 days after broadcast. As a result the first few episodes of the season have now left. The entire season should return as a boxset sometime next year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I find the 30 day limit on the current series broadcast episodes to be utterly pointless. All it does is ruin the experience for paying customers. I binge watched seasons 1-3 and got to season 4, 5 episodes too late to start from the begining. 

Would love a valid reason from NowTV for this pointless removal of content we've paid to view...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Due to license agreements this is how the Studios allow us to use they're programs. Each episode will be available for 30 days from first broadcast then they are removed. We will most likely then have them available as a boxset later in 2017.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I pay now tv monthly why can't  I get Nashville anymore?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. S1-4 are still available to watch, but unfortunately S5 expired a week ago, so NOW TV no longer have the rights to show it.  It should return as a boxset sometime in the future but NOW TV don't have a date yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I was watching Nashville season 5 and got up to episode 11 yesterday and then I got an error message and now my Menu is only showing seasons 1-4 and season 5 has disappeared.

Can anyone advise on why this has happened and how i can get back season 5?

Thanks,

Glory

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hello! Our license for Season 5 of Nashville expired on Octber 22nd, so the content was removed as we no longer have the rights to show it.