cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW is it worth it now days

NOW (now tv) has lost so much content is it worth buying a pass now days, most recent Nat Geo has gone and what do we get is alibi and ABC News America as a replacement.

17 REPLIES 17
BeepBeepYeah
Scholar

@Anonymous User  I don’t think many pay £5/month for Boost.  More often than not it is free with a month of cinema or entertainment and when cancelled, there is often a retention offer of £2/month.

To be fair to NOW, they frequently send me offers for cinema, entertainment and sports.  All I ever get from Netflix is to come back at full price. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was a free add-on initially....then went up to be a Special Offer for £2 per month....and is now £5 per month (50% on top of the monthly subscription) just to KEEP HD and multiple screens!

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Can’t guarantee it, but I continually cancel and then a week or so later an offer for £1/month Cinema or Entertainment arrives with Boost free for a month and I start all over again.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

‘Cancel’ is your friend.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Mcbadger
Mentor

Boost is very not worth the money.

RoyB
Legend

@Mcbadger 

Boost is very much worth the retention offer price you will get if you start a Cancel, rather than the headline price.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Boost is worth it for Sports with 50 fps and HD on live channels along with multiple streams.  Can take it or leave it with Cinema or Entertainment.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mcbadger 

Depends on how much demand content you watch and if your happy putting up with third party adverts. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help