cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW is it worth it now days

NOW (now tv) has lost so much content is it worth buying a pass now days, most recent Nat Geo has gone and what do we get is alibi and ABC News America as a replacement.

17 REPLIES 17
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Only you can decide that.

For me Sky Atlantic is the reason i still subscribe with my Entertainment TV Membership, plus if there is something on Sky Documentaries or Sky Arts i want to watch.

Though i will only subscribe if i am on a discounted deal or retention deal.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Until Sky Atlantic’s HBO content appears elsewhere, Entertainment is worth it to me.  However it only costs me £1/month at present.

Cinema is hard to justify for new releases as I get free streams and free cinema tickets from my Telegraph subscription, but there are always a few classic films to watch.  Did note Despicable Me, Secret Life of Pets and Train Your Dragon movies all appearing recently which makes up somewhat for the lack of better animated movies since Disney took their Pixar movies away.

Sport is worth it for £9.99/month at the moment with cricket, rugby & GAA this month.

Hayu?  What is the point?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The news channel is actually NBC, because ABC is owned by Disney 😋

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another major streaming service is to launch a cheaper version that has ads.

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Now can be pretty cheap. Currently paying £12/month for sports (£10) + cinema (£1) + entertainment (£1) + boost (free).  

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Who?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ntfx, not a service I would choose to use

RoyB
Legend

Did you mean NFLX? We knew that was being mooted.

So I guess you meant ‘another’ in the context of ‘not Now’, rather that ‘a further service besides Netflix’?

It’s how we watched Bosch:Legacy on Amazon Freevee, so they are doing it too; but I couldn’t see a couple of ads for audiobooks funding the cost of each episode as a sensible business proposition.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No longer worth it when they are just about to DOUBLE the subscription price with their BOOST scam - without which you get downgraded to poor resolution and poor audio. I've been a member of NOWTV for years....but they don't seem to care about customer loyalty, just revenue. It's now (sic) going to be more expensive (with Boost) than Netflix. Come on NowTV, how can you honestly compare your dwindling selection of new movies to the massive scope that Netflix provides. Scandalous!