cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayceyF
Scholar

NEW Error Code OVP_00009 message happening today! (And this one's different.)

I'm now getting this error code in a programme that's NOT in my Watchlist.  I was watching a Gangs of London episode earlier today, then I had a two hour break because I had to go out - and now I'm getting the same error code when I try to resume that episode.  (I can't get into any episodes at all - even ones I've already watched.)  Up until now, everything has been working fine since the recent fix (including all the episodes of the series' in my Watchlist that I had to catch up on due to the previous error).

Obviously I will be making my complaints to NOW on Twitter - but I just wondered if anyone here has had the same experience?  (If you have, reply here - and DON'T start a new post!)

17 REPLIES 17
Happyshopper
Advocate

We're also having the same issue with episode 7, we was watching it ok at lunch time and now isnt working at tea time. Episode 8 works and other programmes, but we haven't finished episode 7 so can't really watch episode 8! Reported to Now on their chat and said it was a known issue that they are working on. Not great seeing as we're new customers on their trial offer.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Staticgirl 

Those adding posts on the forum in hope that the right people will see it is in vain. You are much better to report direct with staff via email or live chat.

See below picture for the email address.

gavs82008_0-1670274628873.jpeg

You can also go onto live chat by clicking “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
JayceyF
Scholar

And Twitter of course - they respond very quickly on there during office hours.  (It's probably manned by the same people as the live chat...🙂)

RoyB
Legend

@JayceyF @gavs82008 

You’d have thought that; but it seems quite often that the Twitter people are aware about ongoing issues long before Live Chat are..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had an email back from customer services so have sent some screenshots. It’s actually worse today with gangs of London only one episode loading now and not the one I need 🤣

JayceyF
Scholar

I actually don't bother with Live Chat - I do find Twitter quicker.  (I only use Twitter for complaining!  You get instant answers from people like British Gas, BT, etc.. that you'd never get any other way - many large companies have sneakily removed their customer services email access.  And so much live chat is AI only.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, same thing, unfortunately, completely in the dark🤷‍♂️

MrH
Advocate

you can tell which episodes are missing if you login with the mobile App it will tell you Not Available for the missing episodes, so far i've had this with New Amsterdam and FBI.

Easiest to report it via Live Chat by clicking “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint