cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My5 error code rk-2011

When I’m trying to watch my5 I keep getting error code rk-2011 after the program turns on and have  to keep going back and after a few seconds it does the same again, I hve tried reinstalling the app on my now tv stick  but still doing the same any help please??

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The error, and the action you should take, are described here.

Note the comment there that ‘the leading letters (CA or JW, for instance) may not always be what you see below. These change depending on the device you're using’.

So for your RK-2011 error, look under JW-2011.

RK here indicates this error is happening for you on a Roku device, which is what a NowTV Stick really is.

You are not the first person here to have this issue, but the earlier advice does not include the above.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @RoyB thanks for this but it’s still doing the same I have even tried uninstalling it and reporting it back on with no joy 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

What did My5 say when you contacted them?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Still waiting to hear, the email I got back was we don’t normally reply, so we will see
RoyB
Legend

Hi again @Anonymous User 

OK, I see.

Well, this is an error where My5 seem to be acknowledging a problem at their end, so there is probably nothing you, or NowTV, can do about it, except for NowTV to roll out a fixed My5 Player, if this is what My5 determine is needed, and supply one.

Be useful to know if you can provoke the error in their Player on another platform, though.

However, I expect the Players on various platforms are all slightly different......