cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Multiple Issues with NOW TV experience / Why I cancelled

NOW TV is a terrible UX/customer experience. Here's some of the things that have gone wrong - some big, some small - which all make the service worse. Have these things happened to you?

iOS app:

- The subtitles turn themselves back on every time tune in or go to the next episode, like whackamole

- Even when you turn the subtitles on, they are frequently missing or mistimed (specific experience was with Plot Against America)

- You can't see the synopsis of the next episode without navigating back to the main menu and clicking several more things

PC:

- You have to download an app to watch, and then you open the app which redirects you back to the website to search for a programme. The website has no option to remember your log in, so you have to log back in every time. Then the website redirects you back to the app.

Account management:
- It was quick to cancel, which was good. BUT they shot themselves in the foot - I almost restored my membership when I saw a discounted offer to keep me. I clicked on the renew button and it gave me an error!

Even NOW TV's entertainment package - just telly - is more expensive than Prime and Netflix, and has fewer good shows, and yet the tech is far more frustrating and badly designed. 

If they are accepting user feedback, surely they can improve any of the above niggling issues. Has anyone else found the same problems?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not experienced these issues.  iOS App works well for me, never use PC app and the retention offers mostly work.

I agree Entertainment is expensive for what it is, so I only ever get it via email offers and binge watch. Ditto movies.  You can get Amazon, Netflix and Disney Plus for less than £22/month so Now TV is not that competitive.

My main two reasons for using Now TV are I can’t get Sky Atlantic shows any other way and for Sports as I only want to watch the occasional day for football or week for cricket.

As a alternative to satellite/cable it works well as you get the programming without the commitment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, my main reason for getting it is for a couple of Sky/HBO shows which aren't available elsewhere, like John Oliver or Chernobyl. Sometimes if I see a specific drama I like I'll buy Now TV for one month - to be honest, I will come crawling back here if there's another amazing HBO mini series.

If it was £3 or £4 a month I might keep it but otherwise Entertainment is pretty slim pickings and I'd just cancel again - especially if the "please stay" offer button doesn't even work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it was £3 or £4 a month I might keep it but otherwise Entertainment is pretty slim pickings and I'd just cancel again - especially if the "please stay" offer button doesn't even work.

@Anonymous User 

Got an offer of Cinema + Entertainment for £4/month, followed by £2.40/month for Cinema and £1.80/month for entertainment until 8th June, but cancelled after that as even the retention offers were too much.

I am using a three month voucher I got with a stick for Entertainment right now.   The effective cost of that is about £5/month (stick cost £20 and I got sports day pass with it).  £5/month is as much as I would pay.

As I have been getting all the other channels on Virgin, I only use Entertainment for Sky Atlantic, so not really worth £10/month for me either.  That written my downgrade of Virgin to basic package takes place this week, so maybe I will make more use of it.

My biggest bugbear with Entertainment is how the series I want to watch keep disappearing for months on end.  Amazon and Netflix don't remove their marquee series.  So you don't have to worry about having to watch the whole series of Better Call Saul or Man in the High Castle in a week as sometimes is the case with NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The price has went up far too much as it’s repeats,Wish I stayed with SKY TV 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I never cancelled my now tv membership it was now tv that cancelled it , I was awaiting on a new bank card and before I knew it they had cancelled my membership and now I can’t get back my membership I need advice please 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well MJ

Write to NOW at the following email address:-

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

In what way is NOW more or as expensive than Sky TV if you don’t subscribe to sports?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help