cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Most episodes have captions and there are one or two missing

So I watched from season 1 to season 4 of New Amsterdam that all have captions which was great until episode 20 - No captions?!  whats going on? 

Is this a glitch or something? 
There is no speech bubble icon available. 

Come on Sky, this is 2022 and we should all have access to information. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HMcL018
Advocate

@ContentTeam You’ve just recently launched The Real Housewives of Amsterdam for us to watch in UK. However, there is no way to switch on subtitles & trust me I have tried literally everything!!!!! Help us out & enable us to switch on subtitles so that we can actually watch the Housewives in this part of the world PLEASE!!!! Thank you!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ContentTeam can you investigate for @Anonymous User ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

thanks for raising this, we will look into this and get back to you as soon as possible

* Please note that I am only able to look into content related queries, any account, offer, etc related. Please Contact our customer team or live chat for help.
Thank you

HMcL018
Advocate

@ContentTeam You’ve just recently launched The Real Housewives of Amsterdam for us to watch in UK. However, there is no way to switch on subtitles & trust me I have tried literally everything!!!!! Help us out & enable us to switch on subtitles so that we can actually watch the Housewives in this part of the world PLEASE!!!! Thank you!

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User I hope you meant,S4 ep 20, doesn't have subtitles? Can you please try again and let us know if it still doesn't have subs. Thanks for you patience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It took a while for the ep 20 to have subtitles.  I'm now waiting for ep 22 to have captions even though it was live last wednesday. Is there any reason why it's slow providing captions when other episode get captions straight away? 

RoyB
Legend

@HMcL018 

It’s a bit bizarre to choose your own request as the Accepted Solution here 😢

Have you somehow magically solved your issue just by clearly stating it? 🤪

But the real answer is that this series is on Hayu, and Hayu does not have subtitles on Now.

Have you tried proper Hayu, direct from Hayu themselves? Though I don’t know if this is any better in this regard…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
HMcL018
Advocate

@RoyB can’t log directly onto Hayu as my account is via NOW; thus can only login via NOWTV 😡🤯

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@HMcL018 

Why don't you cancel and go direct with Hayu? Or Amazon?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@HMcL018 

@gavs82008 correctly divines what I meant; sorry if that wasn’t clear 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.