cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Modern Family season 11 gone?

I have just sat and watched the first 5 episodes of season 11 and then got an error message. When I exited suddenly all of season 11 is gone and I can't watch them anymore. Basically the only reason i paid for this subscription and I've been cut off on the last season!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

For Modern Family, This is 100% confirmed end on 27/08/2020.

There was a system issue on date that caused this error.

We are working on taking all the leftover eps off the platform.

All seasons will return Dec 2020.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here @Anonymous User, the only reason we signed up was to watch ModFam and just as we start watching season 11, its disappeared

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same thing just happened to me!

Saint1976
Elite 3

All

Content not owned by Sky is made available under a licence agreement and for a specified period of time. All content on NowTV that is available on a short term agreement has a clear expiry date in bright orange next to the season/episode.

While I don't watch the show, a quick look at the remaining seasons shows that they will also expire in September.

Looking around at other services season 11 has also been removed from Sky, Sky Store, Amazon and Google Play (not sure about Netflix as I don't subscribe to them) so it seems that the licence agreement has ended. It may return at a later date. If any of you have Twitter, try tweeting Now TV Help as they are more active there and may have a return date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks,

Yes, fully aware of what the license deal is, as you mentioned the other seasons are meant to finish in September so there is something not quite right. Also, last night I saw it was available to buy in Amazon, I almost did but I wanted to hear first from Nowtv. Today is gone, which is super strange as I am not sure if the licence applies the same when you actually by the box? 

I know some shows have recently been removed and I wonder if there was something offensive in one of the episodes? that would explain the dramatic pull of the show.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Saint1976.

That's so strange that the last season expires first... Why on earth would that make sense?

Hopefully they put it back soon.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I'll hazard a guess that the dvd box set is due for release soon! Got to get the dollars in!

RMM71
Scholar 2

Most current series are available on 30 days catch-up. It has been 30 days since the last episode of Modern Family was shown so nothing unusual in it being no longer available. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That does make sense. The stupid thing is I discovered my sister did warn me two weeks ago so I have no one to blame but myself... 😛

I have to laugh - I was catching up after I stopped watching years ago due to life. Almost made it!!! Ah well. I will find a way. These "dee vee dees" you speak of don't have a home in my laptop though. Maybe netflix will get the license for more than 7 seasons.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All the seasons where advertisered to run till 27th september so doesnt make sence that they would remove the last season first. This must be a mistake and one i hope they fix soon as ive only a couple of episodes left to watch