cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Missing sequence in The Orville season 2, ep 11

Hi,

There's about 90 seconds missing from the middle of episode 11 (season 2) of The Orville on catch-up. It occurs at the 26 minute mark, when a scene cuts off almost mid-sentence. 

I watched the episode again live on Fox after I spotted this, and the full scene was on the live showing. It's an entirely inoffensive scene, so I assume it's a technical glitch.

I forgot to mention it here at the time, which is why this post may seem a bit out-of-date now, but the episode still has over a week to run on catch-up, so i'm sure some people will still be watching it. 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

A couple of us spotted this and reported it back just after the episode went out (see link below to other thread)........ I also tried tagging some Mods to see if it could get fixed and I'm guessing it hasn't.  Lets see if we can get it fixed before it leaves the service or fingers crossed, when it comes back in the future as a boxset the episode in question will be fixed????

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/The-Orville-season-2-E11/m-p/495294#M11761

I counted that it may have been about 60secs that was missing, give or take...........  I've noted this sort of issue with Fox catch-up shows in the past (and only Fox shows) and it always seems to be a chunk of action that goes missing at the point where it was going in to or coming out of an advert break.  The other times I've reported this sort of thing it was fixed, so this one seems to have been missed.

@Anonymous User   just wondering if this issue might be directed to the right people to see if the episode can be fixed??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah, I hadn't realised this had already been posted, sorry. I haven't used these forums for a couple of years and it seems a bit harder now to find relevant posts on here than it used to be!

As you mention, stuff like this used to get fixed (I remember posting about a huge chunk of American Horror Story that was missing once, that was quickly repaired), so hopefully this will too...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I know what you mean about it being difficult to find stuff, I really really struggled to find the thread that I gave you the link to.

Yes, it's quite weird how these chunks of missing action only come with Fox catch-up shows...... I've also spotted it with episodes of NCIS and Bull and I've also read about Deep State and now AHS......Now TV should employ someone to check all the stuff that comes from the supplier/distributor of Fox shows, just to be safe!!!! 

If I watch a Fox show on catch-up and the time next to the episode thumbnail seems suspiciously low, then I worry something could be missing .......... in fact, I thought episode 12 of The Orville season 2 might have been missing something as it was only 44mins, when all others seemed to be 46mins, but it seemed to be OK when I watched it.

These things did get fixed fairly quickly, but that doesn't seem to be the case any more, that episode 11 has been broken for a while....... fingers crossed they'll get to it at some point.