cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Missing New SeasonS from My TV Watchlist

Programs I have added to “My Tv” are missing the latest season. For Example Marvels Runaways started a new season this weekend and I have this added to my TV watch list but it fails to show the new season but does show multiple options to it but none of them show the new season. The only way to get to the new season to search for it. I have removed it from my tv and then added it again but does fix it. I have this across many different devices, Ruko 3 box, nowtv stick, iOS app. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Programs I have added to “My Tv” are missing the latest season. For Example Marvels Runaways started a new season this weekend and I have this added to my TV watch list but it fails to show the new season but does show multiple options to it but none of them show the new season. The only way to get to the new season to search for it. I have removed it from my tv and then added it again but does fix it. I have this across many different devices, Ruko 3 box, nowtv stick, iOS app. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi @Anonymous User

the new season doesn't start until 10 PM tonight (now), so you won't see any of the season two episodes won't become available on the system until after the first episodeof season two has aired. What you might possibly be seeing on some devices is that the episode has been cued up to become available to watch as soon as the new episode has finished airing , but you won't be able to play the episode until then

However this doesn't always happen and you can't always see this on all channels/devices . It can sometimes take up to 24 hours after airing for the new episodes to appear, although it's usually 1 to 2 hours for new episodes to appear and demand 

thanks for reminding me about the new season. I actually forgot about itSmiley Surprised

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User forget what I said above it is available now 

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/marvels-runaways/0b7f9a8af3fc2610VgnVCM1000000b43150a____/iYsxVS3YJZ3PeUwW4FhJEL/seasons/2

there is 1 episode listed under s2

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly that is not what I am experiencing. The program is added to the watch list in my tv. Sometimes it appears in there twice. Both of the listings fail to show the new season. However, when I search for the program using the search feature I can find it and get the new season. The has happened many times with multiple different shows and has nothing to do with it not being aired yet or not being available on catchup yet. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Sadly that is not what I am experiencing. The program is added to the watch list in my tv. Sometimes it appears in there twice. Both of the listings fail to show the new season. However, when I search for the program using the search feature I can find it and get the new season. The has happened many times with multiple different shows and has nothing to do with it not being aired yet or not being available on catchup yet. 

Hi @Anonymous User

after a bit of playing around I'm now seeing the same thing as you, but I think I know why it's happening. There's actually two entries for 'marvels runaways' on the system. There is one entry in the ABC studios section and one in the sy-fi channel section. I think the fact that there are two entries for the exact same content on the system is causing problems for the watchlist functionality. 

When you add ,marvels runaways' to your watchlist. Both entries get added and it seems that, regardless of which entry you select in your watchlist. You are always taken to the one in the ABC studios section.  The sy-fi channel entry needs to be used to get to the season two episodes. I would remove the show from your watchlist for now is the watchlist functionality isn't going to work for the moment. In this case.

I can however tell you how to get to the season two episodes quickly without using your watchlist

open the NowTV app and go to

entertainment > channels > sy-fi > marvels runaways

I hope this helps you out Smiley Very Happy   

I'm also going to tag @Karl-F  a NowTV staff member who will know who to pass this onto in order to get it fixed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for looking at this and tagging in NowTV. I already knew how to find the new season and watch it as I explained before just want to air this and see if their is a fix. I have also noticed that sometimes the title of the program is slightly different. For example another one this has done it to is MacGyver. It’s also listed twice one with a lower case ‘g’ and one with an upper case ‘g’. So frustrating 🤬

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for looking at this and tagging in NowTV. I already knew how to find the new season and watch it as I explained before just want to air this and see if their is a fix. I have also noticed that sometimes the title of the program is slightly different. For example another one this has done it to is MacGyver. It’s also listed twice one with a lower case ‘g’ and one with an upper case ‘g’. So frustrating 🤬

Hi @Anonymous User

That's right. I remember now you were finding season two of marvels runaways using the search function.  Personally, though I find the search function a bit clunky and long winded. I think they could improve it a bit by introducing a QWERTY layout search keyboard. For the set-top box and TV apps. I find the method I showed above to be quicker than the search function . 

I think the  MacGyver issue has been fixed now. There only appears to be one entry for it on the system as far as I can see.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Two months now and this is still driving us nuts. 

Runaways

Gold Rush

Siren

We missed Runaways had started a new season as we were checking the watch list, not good for keeping customers up to date with new content. 

We’d be really grateful to have this bug fixed, I must admit I am rather surprised a big company like Sky leaves a bug like this for more than a day let alone months.