cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave67
Advocate

Missing Episode

Trying to watch the final episode of House of Dragons but it just replays the previous episode.  Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Dave67 

Did you try this from your mobile over WiFi from your home broadband, or did you turn the WiFi off, and try it from your mobile provider, as asked?

As this weird issue, that seems to affect only you (or at least, nobody else has reported it), would be vanishingly unlikely to occur over two separate broadband connections.

I’m tempted to ask if you are absolutely sure you are getting episode 9 again and again, and perhaps not just a recap of 9 that starts episode 10?

But if you are sure of what you see, you need to get onto Live Chat and report this; there may be some incredibly obscure fault with your account doing it, which they could perhaps bottom for you.

The following link, which leads you to direct contact with Now, is for when the Community can’t help, and the Help can’t help:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; you won’t.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@Dave67 

Just tried this on my iPad, and Episode 9, The Green Council plays fine, and so does Episode 10 The Black Dragon, which starts off markedly different from Episode 9.

So it’s not a universal issue, and I’m not sure I can help you here.

What device are you watching on?

I’d suggest you exit Now completely, power cycle the device you are watching on, or better yet, Restart it if you can, or if it’s a TV, power it off, unplug it from the mains, wait two minutes and then power it up again.

The get whatever device it is going again, sign back in, and try again.

Or, if you have more than one way of watching Now, try another way and see if you get the same problem.

And please report back and let us know the outcome.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Dave67
Advocate

Thanks for the answer Roy, I tried all the things you said but none of them worked unfortunately. I also wound the episode to the end so it wouldn't save my place. Tried from my PC and my android phone but still can't watch that last episode. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Dave67 

Are you trying this from your Continue Watching section only ?

If so, what happens if you go to the Entertainment section by clicking TV shows very top line of the NOW home screen page, then navigate down the dedicated Entertainment section, then from the "Channels" grid row click on "Sky Atlantic" then select "House of the Dragon" then from Season 1 click on the final Episode (Ep 10).

Does the final Episode Ep 10 then start and play ?

Dave67
Advocate

Still no luck, thanks though

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Dave67 

That's strange if you are bypassing your Continue Watching list and either going directly in The House of the Dragon from the Sky Atlantic folder section or searching the TV show from all your playback devices and picking Ep10 from there.

I am assuming you are a UK customer and not a Republic of Ireland customer where I can't check Ep10 from there.

As a temporary test do you have Mobile data and see if Ep10 plays from your NOW App smartphone.

Dave67
Advocate

Yeah definitely strange - I'm gonna have forgotten what happening in episodes 1-9 at this rate! I am in UK and I've already checked on my mobile - exactly same there too 😞

RoyB
Legend

@Dave67 

Did you try this from your mobile over WiFi from your home broadband, or did you turn the WiFi off, and try it from your mobile provider, as asked?

As this weird issue, that seems to affect only you (or at least, nobody else has reported it), would be vanishingly unlikely to occur over two separate broadband connections.

I’m tempted to ask if you are absolutely sure you are getting episode 9 again and again, and perhaps not just a recap of 9 that starts episode 10?

But if you are sure of what you see, you need to get onto Live Chat and report this; there may be some incredibly obscure fault with your account doing it, which they could perhaps bottom for you.

The following link, which leads you to direct contact with Now, is for when the Community can’t help, and the Help can’t help:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; you won’t.

Dave67
Advocate

Yeah it's all sorted now - they reset the account for me - not sure it was me or them to be honest but turns out I've watched episode 10 after all. I'd like to blame it on the software but probably my faulty wetware