cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Midweek Championship football

Hi 

I just wanted to clarify whether the Sky Sports pass allows you to watch the midweek Championship football offering, having the choice of all Championship games?

I’ve noticed that NowTV is advertising all of the games as part of their sport offering so presumably there must be a way of accessing these games that are on the Red button?

I have seen people saying that you can view them on the Sky Sports app. Does anyone know if this is true and would that mean watching the game on my phone? 

Hopefully NowTV can offer some clarification on this!

Thanks for any answers!!

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Within NowTVs highlights for the next 7 days (Football) it is only showing the two EFL games which are to be broadcast on Sky Sports Football, there is no mention of the other games.

You cannot watch any live channels via the Sky Sports app (presumably you have to be a 'full' Sky customer for that privilege), nor can you watch the live channels on the website with a NowTV sports pass (you get a message stating You need a Sky Sports subscription to view this content).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This page https://www.nowtv.com/sky-sports-live suggests we are getting all the streams. Remember Red Button streams on Sky are usuallay in Standard Def IF my memory serves me correct.

@Anonymous UserI can't seem to find the thread where we were chatting about this. I hope you get to see this post.

EDIT...just found that thread Smiley LOL

I've posted the info in 3 threads that have been discussing this in the hope everyone who needs to actually gets to see the info. Now to wait and see what really happens. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Hey everyone! 

Unfortunatley that web page lists all the available sport, including the Red Button content. I am working with the web team to get this corrected. In the meantime, this is whats available this week on NOW TV:

Swansea v Leeds

Villa v Brentford

Middlesborough v West Bromich Albion

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester City                              

Nottingham Forest v Birmingham City                 

Watford v Crystal Palace                           

Newcastle United v Chelsea                    

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hey everyone! 

Unfortunatley that web page lists all the available sport, including the Red Button content. I am working with the web team to get this corrected. In the meantime, this is whats available this week on NOW TV:

Swansea v Leeds

Villa v Brentford

Watford v Crystal Palace                           

WOW! What a scandal!

This (and other) websites are clearly encouraging people to puchase NOW TV sports passes for red button matches. Full set of screenshots obtained and documented, even 7 hours after NOW tv have admitted it is false advertising.

So what is the legal reason for not providing the advertised product, despite the hike in prices, and for NOW TV to now provide a second-tier subset of Sky Sports programming compared with what is available from other sources?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Bought a week's pass, not very happy can't even watch the game now they should clearly state it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

As this is going to be frequent in the forthcoming season is this a service you will be offering? If not then I for one will look into getting rid of now TV and getting sky package instead. And definitely shouldn't be advertising that streams of all the matches are available in the meantime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hey everyone! 

Swansea v Leeds

Villa v Brentford

Watford v Crystal Palace                           

I just bought a pass as it stated on the following link https://www.nowtv.com/sky-sports-live that I could watch the Norwich vs Preston match, is this now not true? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

@Anonymous User

That page is still showing the matches but it is a LIE, we do not have access to these matches.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

We are aware that the webpage https://www.nowtv.com/sky-sports-live is showing all Sky Sports content, and not distinguishing between red button/non-red button content.
We are working to get this changed, so red button content is removed from the list.

More detailed information, including channel/red button info can be found at http://www.skysports.com/watch/sport-on-sky

For any refund queries, please contact our Live Chat.