cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huxley123
Scholar 2

Midsomer Murders series links and episode lists missing in ITVX

On the new ITVX app on NOW TV, Midsomer Murders is missing the series links and episode lists.

All it shows is a link to start at S01E01.

The internet app shows it, so looks like a problem specifically with the NOW TV app.

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@huxley123 

ITVX is a completely separate service and app to NOW. 
It replaced the ITV hub, for any content issues you HAVE to contact ITVX directly. It’s absolutely nothing to do with NOW.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@huxley123 

What @gavs82008 says is correct, but we have to tease out what you mean by ‘itvX on NowTV’.

Are you using a NowTV Stick? If so, Now make it look as though all the other apps on the Stick are nested under Now, but this is just an illusion given by the software; they are actually all independent, as you can see if you left arrow from the Home Screen (if I remember correctly).

So your problem is indeed with the version of itvX on the Now Stick, and itv will need to address this, but it’s quite independent of Now.

If you are not using a Now Stick though, what are you using, and why do you think itvX is ‘on NowTV’?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
huxley123
Scholar 2

It's a NOW TV set top box.

RoyB
Legend

@huxley123 

Ah, yes, those would have the same issue as the Stick.

I’ve never liked this UI ‘trick’, and you have described a new  (to me at least) confusion it causes 😢

So report your concerns to itv; I’m sure itvX will have a few teething issues for itv to work through, and they can add this to the list.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB (and @huxley123 )

Indeed @RoyB at least NOW devices have the app, unlike both my Amazon fire sticks and Sony YouView TV ☹️

The BritBox content isn’t even fully added to ITVX yet. Went to search for Shetland on the ITVX app on my iPhone which has the new app, and it only has season 5 🫤

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
huxley123
Scholar 2

Getting nowhere with ITV, they just say reset my TV, router, switch box off & on again etc.

I guess once enough users complain they'll get round to fixing their app.