cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Men in Black International - sound cuts out then freezes

Anyone else having issues watching the new Men in Black film? 

We get 1 minute in where it says 'Paris', then the sound cuts out, comes back again for Liam Neeson to speak, then cuts out again, then the film stops.

Very disappointed! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

It is very likely is your device issue.

Please try to enter the Movie not from My TV, but going through Sky Cinema and look for the movie. If this is still happening, then please go to this link:

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/adding-or-changing-devices

click on the down arrow under the Get in Touch, so you can use the live chat and discuss your issue with someone.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for your message. 

Is it possible to tell me what is the timing and device used when this happens, please? We can have a look into it for you.

Thank you.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Izzie-T this is with the black box

Timing wise, it gets to about 1min 30secs, literally just after the opening sequence and credits 

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for your reply. We are working to verify the issue.

Can I please confirm if you have done the basic troubleshoot for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app? If you have not, can I please ask you to try and proceed the troubleshooting, please?

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Izzie-T

Sorry it's actually the black nowtv smart box (didn't realise there was another black box).

So I did a reset and turned the box off for a minute, still had the same issue sound cutting out at 00:01:30 and then the film cut out. Tried to watch it again but this time the film cut out after a few seconds with a red error message.

Then I did a full factory reset, which was a real pain, but then eagerly went to watch it again.... Same problem. 

The film will not play past the first 1min 30secs

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

It is very likely is your device issue.

Please try to enter the Movie not from My TV, but going through Sky Cinema and look for the movie. If this is still happening, then please go to this link:

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/adding-or-changing-devices

click on the down arrow under the Get in Touch, so you can use the live chat and discuss your issue with someone.

Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Izzie-T 

I had been accessing it through Sky Cinema anyway rather than MyTV, but I tried again today and it worked for a few seconds past 00:01:30, then error popped up and kicked me out again.

I'll have to try that livechat a bit later.

Thanks.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Izzie-T 

Hi IM

Read through this thread, marked as solved, but it seems to be still without a solution, if there is one then what is it?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ukbobboy 

Sorry, the solution was basically doing another factory reset.
I spoke on the live chat and the lady was very helpful, but she suggested doing another factory reset; so she walked me through it, and then it worked after that. 

It was an issue somehow with my smart box, but no idea what the actual problem was.

One thing that differed between my previous factory reset and the way the lady told me how to do it, was that I had to hold the button under the box for 1 minute. Previously I just did 10-15 seconds.
Not sure how much of a difference it made, but it worked after doing it that way...