cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MOVIES BROWSING ISSUES

hello, since mid february, on renewing Movies pass with offer, we are unable to browse the Movie types. I have contacted NOW TV several times, with no joy. The online chat fobs me off with promises to have it resolved. Emails simply do not get replied to. Does anyone else have this issue? It's ok if you know what you want to watch, but when we try to browse, message says No Content available on the diferent types. We have no problem at all with Entertainment. We can browse and watch programs with no problems.

I've just had yet another promise of someone getting back to me but not holding my breath. Any ideas?

45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same with me just email after email of been fobbed off highly annoying.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. It is a known issue that NOW TV are supposed to be working on, although there doesn't seem to much movement on it. In the meantime you could try browsing on the website version 

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/movies/explorer

and any movies you see you can add to My TV to access them from another device via the Watchlist. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this is still happening for you. The issue was being looked into by our technical team who found that the old version of the firmware appeared to be the problem (this is on the Now TV box). If you go to Settings>System>System Update, you can manually update the software (firmware) version. As far as we know this should not be persisting in the latest version 8.0.3. If you have updated to this and the problem is persisting, please let me know and I will feed this back to the technical team to look into.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have 8.0.3 but still cannot browse all catergories

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone, my apologies for the delayed reply, we are trying to figure this out in the amoung all the different teams involved and I just haven't wanted to post information that would suddenly be suddently subject to change. But we will hopefully be making contact soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

in the last week my kids tv shows no content available....ive done a forced software update & rebooted internet etc etc. I can see the kids tv content on my phone so its just on the tv it doesnt show............any updates on this being fixed??? Its half term & I have 2 kids who want to watch their kids tv!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

This issue is still being investigated but our technical teams are having a lot of difficulty replicating the problem, which makes it difficult to pin down the root cause.

If you are still experiencing the issue where movie genres don't display any content to browse through, it would be really useful to know if you get the "no content available" sign up as soon as you select a genre, or do you see a "spinner" icon for a few seconds first?

If you let me know via comment/reply, I can pass this on to the technicians.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
If you are still experiencing the issue where movie genres don't display any content to browse through, it would be really useful to know if you get the "no content available" sign up as soon as you select a genre, or do you see a "spinner" icon for a few seconds first?

I have a NOW TV Black Box and use an Entertainment Pass.

I see the spinner for about 5 to 10 seconds before the "No content available" message appears

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Paul

I too am experiencing the issue with the missing cover art on the titles, I do see the spinning dots when accessing the titles and can still play the films, it is just the art that is missing, which is drving my wife and daughter mad!

We are on Sky broadband and using wifi to the box (not possible for me to check an ethernet cable however).

Any advise would be helpful before my wife throughs it out the window!

David