cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MOVIES BROWSING ISSUES

hello, since mid february, on renewing Movies pass with offer, we are unable to browse the Movie types. I have contacted NOW TV several times, with no joy. The online chat fobs me off with promises to have it resolved. Emails simply do not get replied to. Does anyone else have this issue? It's ok if you know what you want to watch, but when we try to browse, message says No Content available on the diferent types. We have no problem at all with Entertainment. We can browse and watch programs with no problems.

I've just had yet another promise of someone getting back to me but not holding my breath. Any ideas?

45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have updated and am on 8.0.3 and I'm still unable to access any movies or box sets and I can't even watch live sky TV. I can't browse any lists even. All I have is normal freeview channels and catch up tv. Any ideas?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me it now says I'm on version 8.0.3 and it still says no content available for the film's. Will this problem actually be fixed I have been charged for the film package on Wednesday and this update was meant to fix the problem, so how or what is going to be done that me and many others with this problem are still getting charged for something that is still not working even after this 8.0.3 update was meant to fix the issue?
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Could you feedback @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User's feedback to the technical team please, 8.0.3 appears not to have fixed the issue for them.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy

I believe @Anonymous User is using the smart box, where they may be possibly effected by the bug in Firmware version 8.0.3 on the smart boxes that quite a few TalkTalk ISP users have reported on the forum.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Unable-to-access-box-sets-or-movies/m-p/461600#M11669

Not sure which type of nowtv box @Anonymous User is using, perhaps they can confirm if it's the std black box shown in the picture below ?

l_10136497_007.jpg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Thanks. @Anonymous User is a black box user. 

You've been keeping track of this better than I have, so hopefully you've got a handle on things - is it a case of the 'no content' error that's been going on for weeks now is just a standard black box issue for some 7.7.3 users that should have been fixed by 8.0.3 but appears not to (at least for @Anonymous User)

And there is now a new bug that's affecting Smart Box owners on 8.0.3 causing the 'no content' error if they are TalkTalk users? With no solution? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andy

You are in a better position than me on keeping track on things on the forum where your mind works faster and has more memory than a computer on here (i didn't say what OS computer or RAM you have mind) Smiley Happy

I don't know about the movie content missing on the smart boxes on firmware version 8.0.3 with TalkTalk (just put two and two together and got five) and thought it might be plausible and chucked it into the mix.

Have NowTV officially confirmed that 8.0.3 has been pushed out to the std black boxes yet, where I still have my trial std box and it's still on 7.7.3.

I know the firmware is pushed out in batches (does it go from lowest serial number upwards or some other method or is it random) ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Yeah my black box is on 8.0.3 - despite Paul mentioning it will be a fortnight mine updated the next day.

Honestly I can't track of it all, I've never seen so many issues cropping up with boxes as we have lately - this no content issue going on for weeks, new no content issues just appearing, TalkTalk connections, Virgin connections, picture quality, watchlist not showing properly, watchlist deleting, watchlist duplicate listings and linked content, live streaming, pausing issues, something not working errors etc etc. I don't know what's been going on behind the scenes, but it's been like a Microsoft Windows 98 convention for weeks now!! 

I hope the tech team have tin hats, it must be a combination of $_35.JPG

8d7a10e53c3b1c47758cb817b71a9ffc.jpg

back there!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I'm in contact with the technical team about this again and they are delving back into their testing.

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User - I've sent you both a private message asking for more information, if you have the time to answer back it would really help identify where the problems are.

@Andy - Thanks for keeping me tagged in the conversation. Apologies if I'm not able to respond straight away, feel free to tag Mary and Ian also, in case I'm not able to check in. But I will try my best to keep on point Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

My main issue is the categories in the film section and some in the entertainment. E.g I can go onto the film pass and view just added or hot right now movies. But nothing in action, thriller, horror and so on. When I go to view those sections it just says no content available.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi, thanks for the reply. Could I also ask if your box is running on WIFI or is it plugged into ethernet? (some customers were able to resolve the issue by conneting via ethernet but it would be good to know which are using)

Also, when you check your firmware version, what is the full build version? (the technical team have a number of builds so knowing which you have will help).

Thinking forward, if this is persisting and the technical team are not able to replicate the problem on their side, it might be best to get the customer service team in contact with you to do some real-time troubleshooting.