cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lots of Sky Arts not searchable

I've been trying to find some programmes on Sky Arts and they don't appear in search results even though they are available. For instance

The Painter and the Thief

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/entertainment/channels/asset/the-painter-and-the-thief-2020/A5EK4nmp9...

Romeo and Juliet

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/entertainment/channels/asset/romeo-and-juliet-2020/A5EK4nmp9qb5ooc5CQ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps 

The Search function works in a different devices have been recorded many times already. 

Even I had issue for Tina when it 1st came out, I will put the case in the team again.

Thank you for your help.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device are you using? As I’ve just searched for both on the NOW app on my iPhone.

See below screenshots.

EEBEA481-8431-474F-9B49-B6E539711610.png

82ED7823-18A4-457F-85A4-8592A659555E.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 @Anonymous User @Izzie-T 

I have noticed this has been reported on the NOW Forum and NOW Twitter on more than once recently, where certain devices can't find TV entertainment shows when using the star button or red button option or long click on the Enter button on Fire Sticks.

Certain devices will find the TV show you are looking for such has tablets & smartphones, other devices can't.

Or on other devices such has the NOW boxes you have to use the search function hidden behind the back button on the NOW home page screen which brings up some options down the top left hand side, where the main search doesn't work for certain TV programmes from the main home screen page or pressing the star option button on the remote to bring up the search feature.

Also sometimes you have to try different combination of the TV show name to find the results.

I haven't tried the voice search on my NOW branded playback devices, because i doubt it would pick up my Welsh Accent anyway.

Here's another example in the linked thread below, but i don't think it's all related to Sky Arts, where i am sure Sky Documentaries is another channel where all content is not picked up during a search on certain device platforms.

Needs further investigation by the NOW Team.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment-Kids-Shows/King-rocker/m-p/557462 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Izzie-T 

The documentary "Tina" is another example on Sky Documentaries.

Where it will find it on my Android Tablet NOW App, but if it try the search by typing "Tina" on the NOW App on my Fire Stick and guessing my Youview box it will not found this TV programme.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Izzie-T 

Yeap, like my Fire Stick my Youview box NOW App by pressing the red option search button doesn't find "Tina" on Sky Documentaries even though the documentary is under the Sky Documentaries channel folder.

With my NOW Freeview Smart box it will not find "Tina" for example by pressing the star option button on the remote.

Alternatively if i use the search tab by pressing the back button on the NOW Freeview box hidden extra settings under search it will find "Tina" no problems.

it sounds to me using my NOW Freeview Smart box based on the above observations from the NOW box that the software seems to be pulling the search results from a different source.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @schnapps 

The Search function works in a different devices have been recorded many times already. 

Even I had issue for Tina when it 1st came out, I will put the case in the team again.

Thank you for your help.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is in a Chrome browser on a Mac or PC

Sorry I should have said

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Seems to be a bug that is effecting certain TV shows on certain device platforms, where NOW needs to investigate it further.

You can always pick up these TV shows by going into the Sky Arts channel, then pick up the TV show folders from there.

Or alternatively if you have a smartphone or tablet, search these TV shows from the NOW App and once found add them both to "My TV" where they should then be on your MY TV saved section on your PC / Mac when using the NOW website with your internet browser to watch.