cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LoTR Return of the ring

I’ve just tried about a million times to play ‘Lord of the Rings: The Return of the Ring’ and it just keeps doing the loading dots and black background. It’s doing exactly the same thing for ‘Comedy Game Night’ on Entertainment. Has anyone else got this problem or know how to fix it?

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Strangely enough i have been watching the first two Lord of the Rings films on my NowTV 4K box this afternoon and they played fine for me.

Quite a few LG Smart TV , Samsung Smart TV owners and Xbox users have been encountering problems with certain NowTV Content in the last 48 hours reading posts on this forum and over on NowTV Twitter.

According to a couple of NowTV Twitter replies that i have read NowTV are investigating it and looking to fix ASAP.

Maybe report the problem to NowTV live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps The first two worked no problem. The third one though, isn’t. It’s on the live channels right now which I’m able to watch, missed the first 15 minutes and can’t play from the start by clicking play from library either. I will report it now thank you!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I haven't tried The Return of the King yet, but out of curiosity what playback devices have you tried ?

There seems something up with the playback devices that i mentioned on my first post reply.

Would have said apart from NowTV that another common denominator would be if everybody was using the same ISP, but reading a few posts on the forum and tweets to NowTV, people are having success with the same content on their mobile devices where i am assuming they are streaming via their Router and not through their mobile internet data.

I will give The Return of the King a go now to see if it plays on my NowTV 4K box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Waw I think I need glasses been calling it the wrong name! Haha oops. 

I’ve been trying to play it on the Xbox. I just tested it on the tablet and it’s working on there. 
comedy game night on entertainment and the third lotr isn’t working on both xbox’s but is on the tablet 🤷🏼‍♀️ Very weird 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Return of the King plays for me.

First time when i went to Cinema Franchises it bounced me back to the My Apps screen, second time i tried it worked by following the same method.

Have you also tried using your smartphone and add the film to My TV Watchlist and then jump back over onto your TV playback device under Watchlist and see if the movie then plays (i doubt it will work because i mentioned this to somebody else and they didn't come back to me either way to say it worked or not).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Xbox is causing a problem at the moment with content not loading with the coloured spinning circles on the TV screen.

Have a read of this tweet from yesterday which i took a screen shot of.

youdoodle-2020-11-14T19-14-46Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps Yeah I tried doing that (adding it to my tv) before I tried anything else. I tried signing out. Deleting the app and reinstalling. No joy from anything. It’s working by watching it through the live channels just not from the library 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't think there is anything you can do at the moment when watching on an Xbox and you are at the mercy of the NowTV Technical Team to fix the problem 😡.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps it would seem so 😞 thanks for your help 😁 hopefully won’t be waiting long for them to sort it but I won’t hold my breath 🤣