cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live streaming not working on iPhone or iPad

have had previous now subscriptions but joined today for the F1 season. 

stream worked fine on my Apple TV but when I went to stream live on my iPhone and iPad it just wouldn’t load up. All I got was the spinning wheel of death. 

it’s still not working now. Can’t tell you how annoying this is with the kids wanting the TV mid race, then jumping to mobile devices to find that they won’t work.

what’s going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you gone into the iPhone & iPad settings and switch off Private Relay to see if that fixes it ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you gone into the iPhone & iPad settings and switch off Private Relay to see if that fixes it ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I knew it would be something really straight forward like this. Too caught up in the F1 action to problem-solve.

thanks!!

redchiz1
Champion 2

So was that the issue @Anonymous User? I ask with curiosity, because it does not affect my iPad, or iPhone at all. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@redchiz1  Yep turning off private relay fixed it. Shame because it’s a great feature. I’ll just have to toggle it on/off when I’m using the now app.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Thanks for that. I have seen other reports of this behaviour and not having used Private Relay myself I thought I  would switch it on to see what happened. And the answer was nothing, the NOW TV app carried on working just fine, notably whilst watching the F1 yesterday.

Which leaves me still scratching my head, wondering why it apparently affects some users, but not others. Or why a feature that ostensibly works in conjunction with Safari alone should have an impact on any other app. Or why it would impact just the single app.

iPadOS 15.4

Now TV app v29.0.1(7879)