cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live TV audio for boost members

Hi 

Could you please confirm what audio boost subscribers are meant to be getting on live TV channels?

I have tried the sports and entertainment channels but they all seem to be playing stereo sound even though I have a boost membership. 

My assumption was that boost members should be getting surround sound on the majority of live channels.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Depends, what device are you using? 

With Apple TV there is a fault or issue that won’t allow you to have 5.1 for some insane reason.

You will need to adjust audio settings on the particular device.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 I am using the NOW Smart Box with 4K.

It's related to my other thread but just wanted to check what the audio output from the live TV channels should be.

The TV guide seems to suggest that all channels are in stereo when looking at the program description.

Therefore, would I be correct in assuming that boost does not give surround sound on live TV channels.

So the only real benefit is the picture quality and the ability to watch on up to 3 devices at the same time? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That’s not correct. With boost and 5.1 it’s for both live and on demand content. 

Which is why I’m inclined to make sure you’ve done all the troubleshooting you can possible do. Like the standard 

• ensure device is fully updated
  • unplug both device and router for a few minutes 
  • set the device back to factory settings 
  • if possible test on another device such as Amazon fire stick
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help