Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Latest episode bug on NOW TV devices

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

There's been a little bug happening the last few weeks when it comes to watching a new episode via the Latest section of the NOW TV app - eg when watching Talking Dead if you go via Entertainment > Channels > Fox > Talking Dead  > Latest > Ep 12 and try to click on the new episode in the Latest section it does nothing. However if you via Season 8 > Ep 12 it plays fine. The same goes for the latest episode of TWD.

It affects the v4 versions of the box apps, but not the old v3.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I've noticed it a few weeks now and it seems to happen for the first day or so of the episode appearing - later in the week it plays fine from that Latest section. 

I know it's not really your department, but could you pass it onto the people that need to know to be looking into why it's happening? It has caught out a few people on the forum over the past few weeks. Ta. 

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy thanks for flagging! We'll have this looked into 

**update** this has now been resolved 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks @Anonymous User I'll keep an eye on it next week see how it goes.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Issue is still appearing, another example reported today is American Dad 14/4 where going via Latest doesn't play. Only seems to affect episodes newly added for the first day or two and then it starts working. Suspect happening to several shows (Teen Mom was another) but that's for the tech team to test, not me! 

Could you keep feeding it back plz?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had same problem when trying to watch latest episode of scandal and right now with blue bloods
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Andy

Thanks for this, I'll feed this back. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wasjust about to post to say that this issue is happening for me for (Discovery) Gold Rush: White Water, Ep8, when I saw this topic.

Been happening a couple of days.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Just to keep you in the loop, same again this week with the latest TWD ep.

@Anonymous User Just in case you weren't aware it only affects the episode if you try to play it from the 'latest' section, should play fine if you choose it from the season section instead. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Still happening with TWD last night however fixed this morning so doesn't seem to be lasting as long.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy thanks for the update!