cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lag between HBO showing material and NOW TV showing the same

Is there any possibility that we might get HBO shows in the UK any nearer to their showing times on HBO directly?  I note that sadly the UK is the only place in the world now that has to wait for the content as your deal with HBO precludes them covering the UK.  I note now with horror that we are to be subjected to adverts, will your prices be reduced to us as a result of this?  Or could someone address the issue of delay.  It seems perplexing that we have to wait as a result of your exclusivity deal and higher pricing.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

HBO content is treated far better than Sky’s sister company NBC shows like New Amsterdam etc.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wish they would improve their service all round, the additional payment to avoid adverts disgusts me.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The advert play I get. It’s common in the US and albeit annoyingly will be coming to Disney+ next year, even Discovery+ has started doing adverts.

As for content, Sky seriously need to up their game. Utterly shocking consistent delays for Comcast owned shows. 
Absolutely nothing to stop them from adding them to on demand the following day much like Bel-Air on Peacock. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Martin_14
Expert

I do find it strange recent Universal Cable Productions/NBC Universal (Comcast) shows like Hacks and The Girl In Plainville will be airing on Amazon Prime and Starzplay rather than Sky.

Before Peacock even  launched Dr Death was sold to Starzplay and One Of Us Is Lying was sold to Netflix.

Sky in Germany are only just start airing La Brea from the end of next month.

Agree about the Delays in HBO/HBO Max content like Peacemaker and Raised By Wolves, although it looks like Sky are airing The Staircase, The Time Traveler's Wife and The Flight Attendant close to the US in May , not sure if Sky are airing Barry shortly after the US.